This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Starcraft: Mass Recall Mod

JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
edited June 27 in General

A little over a week ago I installed the Starcraft: Mass Recall mod for StarCraft II, which is a remake of the Starcraft: Brood War Campaigns, including the Prequel Campaign and the Stukov Mission.

It's fantastic playing the original 1998 story with modern RTS controls and graphics, and the maps are true to the original.

So what's the difference between this mod and the upcoming StarCraft Remastered from Blizzard Entertainment? Well, using the StarCraft II engine and interface, Starcraft: Mass Recall allows for modern unit selection (no limit), modern hotkey use, and superior visuals. What's more, it's completely free for everyone!

Starcraft: Mass Recall can be played via the StarCraft II: Starter Edition, so you don't have to spend a single cent if you want to give it a whirl.

The cons? It's not an official product, being a mod, so there's no official support and there are a few bugs. There's also no Multiplayer.

For any interested, you can download the mod here. The installer didn't work for me so I had to manually install it. If you need help with that let me know.