This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

New HDD

So I bought a 6TB HDD for my computer. Before that I had a 2TB drive as my main drive and two 1 TB drives as well as a 6 TB external.

Unfortunately Windows 10 wont let you use more than 2 TB as a Boot drive. because I Don't want the 6 TB drive partitioned I will have to use the 2 TB drive as a boot drive and the 6 as a secondary drive. Which works well since I can have Windows and other programs on the main drive and games on the 6 TB. Along with music, movies and music on the external...

Waiting for Windows 10 to do a fresh install right now.

Comments

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

Odd. You'd think in today's day and age a larger HDD wouldn't be an issue for the current OS.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I figured windows 10 would be able to handle it. Kind of how windows 8 and 10 let you utiluze more RAM, i figured bigger HDD sized wouldnt matter, but apparently you can only use 2TB drives for boot records. Thats why it kept wanting to partition the drive when i was going to use it as the main drive.

Having it as the secondary drive is alright though. 8 TB interal storage and 6 TB external should last me a while.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

Yeah it should. Mine is only 1 TB overall, but I don't download movies and music so I don't need a huge amount of space.