This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Justice League

This discussion was created from comments split from: Thor: Ragnarok.

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I think this movie is taking more from the guardian of the galaxy than it is any of the other movies. ANd to me it looks really fun.

Though I'm liking DC movies a bit more overall and the new justice League trailer has me a little more interested at the moment. Though I will be seeing both as close to opening night as I can.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I love a couple references. First the one about no Lanterns.... So either the lantersn got their butts kicked or they don't have one for earth yet...

the other is about exploding penguins , which is a reference to Batman Returns.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    edited July 24

@Law212 said:
    I love a couple references. First the one about no Lanterns.... So either the lantersn got their butts kicked or they don't have one for earth yet...

the other is about exploding penguins , which is a reference to Batman Returns.

Yeah, I noticed those as well. The DCU isn't a sequel to the Tim Burton Batman films though, are they?

I've also really enjoyed the DCU so far. Man of Steel was great, I still need to see Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad was okay, and Wonder Woman is fantastic.

For the Lanterns, I figured they mean the planet simply isn't protected by one, as I expect they'll do a Green Lantern movie at some point.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Yeah, the events of this movie might get the lanterns to choose someone for earth....

And no its not a sequel to the burton movies but it was a cool reference. Something similar could have happened in the past with this batman.

Im also hoping the standalone batman movie tells us whate happened to Robin, because in BVS its kind of hinted at that he turned bad.

@Law212 said:

>

Im also hoping the standalone batman movie tells us whate happened to Robin, because in BVS its kind of hinted at that he turned bad.

When's the Batman movie coming out? And possible Red Hood?

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

@Juxtapose there's evidence that points more towards him being the current Joker. Red Hood would be cool to see outside of animation though.

@Sintacs said:
    @Juxtapose there's evidence that points more towards him being the current Joker. Red Hood would be cool to see outside of animation though.

Wait, you mean Jared Leto (or however he spells his name)?

@Juxtapose Yeah, I'm sure if you head over to google you can find all kinds of theories about it.

• DoosDoos Centurion

This movie looks like cheese. Unfortunate that Batfleck is going to probably never get a good movie. Like a real, honest-to-goodness, Nolan-good Batman flick.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Well he has a standalone batman movie coming. and IMO , I like this new DCU more than I liked the Nolan movies.

Sintacs
  • DoosDoos Centurion

You're opinion is like.. wrong, man.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

My onions are always wrong.

I enjoyed the Nolan stuff, but I feel they were insanely overrated, especially The Dark Knight. As much as I really don't like Ben Assleck, I've really been enjoying the current DCU movies, and am pretty stoked for JL. I agree with @Law212 on them being more enjoyable than the Nolan stuff.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I like the Nolan movies. I wasn't that into Batman Begins. I thought Dark Knight was good and I think I like the dark knight rises the best, but I still like the 1989 batman and batman returns more.

Sintacs
  • DoosDoos Centurion

I remember watching Batman 89 recently and noticing that almost everything that came out of the JOkers mouth was nonsense. I was probably high as giraffe pussy at the time though so maybe not but now I have to go back and watch it again to see.

The Nolan movies are the best compared to any other Batman movies but aren't without their flaws. But I think they're cowl and shoulder above any other Batman flick, currently.

I like the voice modulation in Batfleck compared to Bale's growl.. and I like Buffleck. That giant, jacked angry Batman.. I like that. I hope his stand alone movie doesn't eat shit like BvS which.. wasn't so bad but Lex Luthor was a tool.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

BvS was pretty awesome. Though I will stand by my opinion that keatons batman movies were better than Nolans

Sintacs
  • DoosDoos Centurion

You watched Keaton Batman recently? It hasn't aged poorly but it certainly has aged.

Even Begins is like 12 years old now and showing signs of it.

It's nice that neither relied heavily on CGI. 89 'cause it didn't exist and Nolan because I don't know why but thank god he didn't use much of it.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Ya movies that use more practical effects stand the age of time better. Though the original with its Prince soundtrack can seem a bit silly. though parts of it are still dark and great. I watched Batman and Batman returns probably a year ago. Loved them both. Batman begins bores me so I havent been able to sit through it in quite a while.

I really liked the dark knight becasue of two face and i think heath's joker was over rated.

I think Michelles catwoman was far better than i forget her name... the one from dark knight rises anyway....

I also will always like the original batmobile over the the one in the nolan movies.

Also liking Affleck? afflec? as bruce wayne far better.

@Law212 said:
    I really liked the dark knight becasue of two face and i think heath's joker was over rated.

I think people would have been a little more critical of his Joker if he didn't die, I've never thought it was that great of a Joker, I did like Two-Face though.

@Law212 said:
    I think Michelles catwoman was far better than i forget her name... the one from dark knight rises anyway....

Well, she actually seemed to be Catwoman, Anne Hathawhatever was just generic thief lady.

@Law212 said:
    I also will always like the original batmobile over the the one in the nolan movies.

It's always been my favorite Batmobile, and IMO the most iconic one as well. The Nolan Batmobile really has nothing going for it to make it a Batmobile, you could throw it into any other movie and it wouldn't be out of place, and you wouldn't think "oh hey, that's the Batmobile".

Batman Returns is still probably my favorite Batman movie. I think we can all agree that any Batman movie is better than the Schumacher ones though ;D

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I have never been able to sit through Batman and Robin. I did like Batman Forever though but not on the same level as the first two.

• Wasn't Catwoman, in the comics always a burglar? In Arkham City that is how she survives. They changed it for Returns

@VanishedNine That's true, but when she was actually Catwoman in Returns, she was undeniably Catwoman. I can forgive different origins as long as they nail a character, and they did in Returns, can't say as much about TDKR though. A lot of things in the Burton movies was changed quite a bit from the source material, but it generally managed to work.

• DoosDoos Centurion

89 Batmobile is the best Batmobile. Agreed. But Returns is such a huge step down from the first I'm surprised ya'll like it as much as you do.

Then again, I haven't seen that movie in years. I just remember not liking it.

I'ma have to give it another go.

I didn't mind Hathaway as Catwoman. I thought she did fine. Be pretty, kick a head or two, be a frienemy to Batman.. what else is there? Act more cat like and make cat puns?

Were there any puns in the Nolan films? I'm sure there were puns in Returns.. definitely in whichever one had Mr Freeze.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Hathaway was completely forgettable. Batman returns was more comic book ish but still dark. They had the clowns in those over the top outfits. Catwoman was crazy and the penguin had some cheesy lines but he was great. The movie still had killing and some pretty scary or gross things happen on screen.

I like that justice league references batman returns. Returns was definitely not a step down from the first movie. It was right on par with it IMO.

The best scene in all batman movies was still in the 89 batman where batman flies the batwing up and you s ee it against the moon, and it stalls for a moment there and then falls back downward.

Sintacs

I actually liked Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises. I found they grounded the character in a more realistic sense.

• I watched Justice League yesterday and really enjoyed it. I know critics are ripping on it (of course), but I enjoyed it as much as I have many of the MCU films and certainly The Avengers and its sequel.

The movie was simply fun, the character's intros weren't rushed, stuff blew up, there was cheese, and Wonder Woman was great again.

Really fun flick.

• I saw it as well...and I thought it was fun...better than the critics thought anyway