This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

my hat off to Jimmy Kimble

EchoGolfSierraEchoGolfSierra Centurion
edited October 3 in General

I am sorry but you have to be a total moron to believe you need or deserve to own an automatic assault weapon. Numbers dont lie. Nothing will bring back those poor victims... but new laws might save some in the future.
period!
Jimmy made a passionate plea to make the necessary changes for public safety.

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

They didnt change any thing after any previous mass shooting, why would they do it now? Americans love guns more than strangers lives.

Did you not see the story a few weeks back about a 2 year old who shot 2 toddlers.... Doesnt matter who or how many get shot....Its their god given right....

• Someday, someone there will draw a line.... here and no further!

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Well they stopped Obama from implementing gun laws that might help stop this, now that Trump is in , they wont make those changes because they would come off as a hypocrit

• ya I dont think trump will do anything significant

• MSQGannerMSQGanner Centurion

@EchoGolfSierra said:
    ya I dont think trump will do anything significant

He was backed by the NRA during the elections so, he'll probably push forward to their demands and do a bill to make it easier for those gun maniacs to have silencers...

• @MSQGanner said:

@EchoGolfSierra said:
    ya I dont think trump will do anything significant

He was backed by the NRA during the elections so, he'll probably push forward to their demands and do a bill to make it easier for those gun maniacs to have silencers...

agreed

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

There's a lot the US needs to do with their gun laws. Allowing civilians to own fully automatic weapons is pretty insane, and I'm somebody that would absolutely love to own any of the AK series rifles. Allowing civilians to get concealed carry licenses is pretty nuts too, IIRC pretty much only police and military can get that here in Canada. Even outside of concealed carry, you still can't really be out and about with a gun anyway here, you need to be transporting it to or from somewhere that you can legally use it, and have it locked up with the ammo locked up separately. Just implementing those few things in the states would do a lot for them IMO, if you further copy our laws, I think you'd see a huge drop-off in gun-related deaths after a while. It wouldn't even really take guns away from people outside of the full autos, but you don't really need to have those anyway, plus you can get semi auto variants that would be legal under new laws for a large portion of them too. Better gun laws won't really impact responsible gun owners all that much, but it would definitely hurt the irresponsible ones, and the outrage gun laws seem to cause in the states leads me to believe most of them are the irresponsible sort.

EchoGolfSierraJuxtapose
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@Sintacs said:
    There's a lot the US needs to do with their gun laws. Allowing civilians to own fully automatic weapons is pretty insane, and I'm somebody that would absolutely love to own any of the AK series rifles. Allowing civilians to get concealed carry licenses is pretty nuts too, IIRC pretty much only police and military can get that here in Canada. Even outside of concealed carry, you still can't really be out and about with a gun anyway here, you need to be transporting it to or from somewhere that you can legally use it, and have it locked up with the ammo locked up separately. Just implementing those few things in the states would do a lot for them IMO, if you further copy our laws, I think you'd see a huge drop-off in gun-related deaths after a while. It wouldn't even really take guns away from people outside of the full autos, but you don't really need to have those anyway, plus you can get semi auto variants that would be legal under new laws for a large portion of them too. Better gun laws won't really impact responsible gun owners all that much, but it would definitely hurt the irresponsible ones, and the outrage gun laws seem to cause in the states leads me to believe most of them are the irresponsible sort.

Agreed with all of this. It's so ingrained in the cultural zeitgeist though, and also big business, that I can't see this happening.

• here some interesting numbers 3% of americans own over 50% of the guns in America today. 78% of americans dont own guns at all. Yet the NRA has so much money from gun manufacturers that they hold the entire country hostage