This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Video Editing for beginners??

so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Basically, I want to learn how to edit a video for youtube etc. I hear DaVinci Resolve is good free software... but any experience-based advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I use Wondershare . Its not free but its good. easy to make cuts and splice together video and you can even record audio tracks for it , or drop in audio tracks for music . Its really easy too and you can upload the video right to YouTube.

• sounds good Law I will check it out... what skill level were you when you started using it?

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

Windows Movie Maker was actually pretty decent but I think they discontinued it. Last I heard they planned on rolling out something new last fall, but I haven't looked into that at all.

EchoGolfSierra
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Last time i used WMM it had so many bugs and glitches that i could barely get it to complete a full video . Though it was a while a go but it was so bad i never tried any newer versions.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@Sintacs said:
    Windows Movie Maker was actually pretty decent but I think they discontinued it. Last I heard they planned on rolling out something new last fall, but I haven't looked into that at all.

Yeah, it's been discontinued and at last check, it hasn't been replaced. This is what I used for years and it was very simple and easy to use.

@EchoGolfSierra I now use VideoPad Video Editor. It's free, and looks a bit intimidating (less intuitive than Movie Maker), but once you start figuring it out it's very easy.

EchoGolfSierraDoos