This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What's Your Game Type?

DoosDoos Centurion

This is spawned from the 'AAA' thread where we're discussing our personal 'Best Years' in gaming.

So my best year in gaming is probably 2009 and that's because of Uncharted 2 and Demon Soul's.

Looking at that and knowing how much I enjoyed those games, I'd say my game type is story/atmosphere driven third person 'action adventure'.

Those are probably my all time fave type of games. I loved The Last of Us. I dig Assassins Creed games and GTA's and most third person type games.

Yes I enjoy other types as well but the one's that really seem to tickle my fancy are those.

What about you?

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    I love anything that is super deep and complex with it's mechanics and/or character customization.

Games like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest. I guess most JRPG's would fit into this type of game.

Atmosphere is a close second. Games like Bioshock and the new Prey. I got completely lost in Prey's spooky space atmosphere and I still think about it regularly months later.
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

My tastes have shifted over the years as I've grown, matured, and had time restrictions placed upon me.

In terms of genres, there's no question my big one right now is Real Time Strategy and that StarCraft II is my main game, but of course I'm also big on my Mortal Kombat franchise, so fighting games as well.

In terms of my best year, again, that depends by how you define a best year for gaming.

• SmoreninjaSmoreninja Centurion
    I'm a slut. I'll take all types.