This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Warhammer Vermintide.

Does anyone plan on grabbing this? My understanding is that you are basically playing Left 4 Dead but in a Warhammer setting. It is out on PC for $30 bucks I have heard. It sounds interesting because there is a whole party balance hook that never really existed in L4D. There is 4-5 races and 3-4 occupations per race. So the Dwarf Tank would have different skills and abilities than the dwarf DPS for example. So lots of freedom to customize and modify strategy.

Note... I hear it does have loot boxes but they cant be purchased with cash.

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I dont like games like L4D or Killing Floor. The fun factor doesnt last long and if you dont play with people you know it just never fully comes together the way games like this should.

• DoosDoos Centurion

Me and my IRL buds are talking about getting it on PS4.. two of em have beefy PC's but two of us don't.. so we play to the lowest common denominator. One day I'll fork over the fun bucks and build myself something.. but that's not today. Maybe post legalization when I'm RICH! BAHAHAHAHA!

• @Doos said:
    Me and my IRL buds are talking about getting it on PS4.. two of em have beefy PC's but two of us don't.. so we play to the lowest common denominator. One day I'll fork over the fun bucks and build myself something.. but that's not today. Maybe post-legalization when I'm RICH! BAHAHAHAHA!

well if you need some to celebrate getting rich with... let me know

• DoosDoos Centurion
    edited March 14

With a big fat tank of low THC, High CBD, cherry flavored, 3% Nicotine vape juice?

Hell yeah, son. Pass that shit over here, my knees hurt.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I was looking into this game. Looks pretty good. Just hearing the left 4 dead comparisons turned me right off the game, but gameplay videos look awesome. For 30 bucks it seems it might be good, but I don't know anyone who will play it and so I think that would be a wasted 30 bucks.

• I agree. It looks like it could be some good fun but really I don't think I'd play it enough to be worth the money. Maybe on a sale I'd pick it up and play if some of you were.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

That's why its too bad we don't have regular gaming nights. Like buying new or evne old good co op games and have dog game nights to play them with mic chat and so on. There is one cool looking game coming with co op about two guys breaking out of prison.

if we had people who wanted to regularly play some cool newish co op games id be down for that pretty often. Id go ahead and spend 30 bucks or so on a game people wanted to try out and spend a few weekends playing .

• I bought it and downloaded it last night. (32.99 tax included) Maybe 2 hours in now and I am having fun. There is a known bug with parties dropping that they are working on. So far I have mostly played alone with bots. but I did do a little random co-op.

I dont want anyone to feel pressured to buy or play. I often play at weird times that dont always work with other people. But if you get it....and I see you playing I would definitely try to jump in. Kind of also reminds me of the original Gears hord mode.

just wanted to post about the bug before anyone else bought it. Rumor is PS4 and Xbone version out for the holiday season... but this could become my fun summer diversion if the resolve the hosting issues :)

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Well i might DL it then. I will be out friday but could play on the weekend. It would be cool to have 4 people though

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Youre not on discord ever , I was gonna see if you were playing the game . I wont buy it if no one is playing!!!!

• ya sorry definitely dont get this based on me.... I am excited for this, but I play weird times and get hooked on things occasionally

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I need gamer friends.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion
    edited March 19

A buddy of mine just bought it (I assume you guys are talking about 2) for me on Steam but I still don't have a gaming PC currently. Maybe this fall, hopefully this fall, it's been painful going without. I played a bit of the first one and it was pretty good, kinda surprised it got a sequel so soon though.

• SmoreninjaSmoreninja Centurion
    I might pick it up. Who knows? I might try to socialize with randoms.
    I'm a wild man. I might drink unsupervised as well.
    Vermintide is a decent time killer. Got only an hour to spend? Kill some rats