This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Tomb Raider (2018)

@Law212 and I went and saw Tomb Raider yesterday, and it was really good. The film picks up right away, and follows the 2013 game reboot closely enough for a film adaptation, but changing several interesting things that really worked for the film.

I also like how Lara gets pretty beat up in the film, just like in the game. The soundtrack was spot on as well. @Law212 mentioned he felt the movie was more reminiscent of 90's action flicks, and I'd agree with that.

Great video game movie.

Comments

• I have a date with some friends to go see it after work today but I only got 2 hours of sleep so will probably have to bail

I'm really looking forward to seeing it whenever I do though. I'm still confused as to why they didn't just cast Camilla Luddington as Lara though seeing as she did the games and is already an actress.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Well after Seeing this girl in the role I can see why she would get it over the voice actress of the games. Its a very physical role. Lara didnt feel like an untouchable fighting machine, but i beleived she could do what she did in the movie.

the thing they got right , is that Lara got beat the hell up. Unlike something dumb like atomic blonde where she was just kicking 230 pound guys across the room, lara played to her strengths . Sure she had to fight hand to hand but her wins were more luck until she got her bow.

The bad guy was menacing as well. Lots of these movies fall flat because of a lame villain, but i liked him.