This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Avengers Infinity War SPOILERS... Please do not read unless you have seen this movie.

I would say no movie since empire strikes back has ever ended with a greater cliffhanger.
Again this is a SPOILER chat and I beg anyone reading this..... dont go further. You dont want this spoiled.

I finally saw this yesterday and walked into the theatre 100% unspoiled. And this movie blew my mind :)
I came home last night and watched Thor Ragnarok, arguably one of the best Marvel movies made and it seemed like a half done tv dinner after the incredible buffet that is Infinity Wars.

Love to hear what people thought of this film and especially the endings. I like how careful the MCU is being not to spoil future possible movies.

Phase three ends with the next avengers movie.... out may 2019. Where does this lead to??

This is the 19th Marvel movie I think.... and I was getting a little burned out on them, but now I have been sucked right back in!

Comments

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    edited May 14

I just saw Avengers: Infinity War yesterday, and I agree, it was fantastic. Thanos made the movie for me. His motivation, his belief and dedication that what he was doing was right; fantastic villain!

I also really like how at the very end, he did exactly what he said he'd do. Sunrise.

Also many characters I thought were going to die didn't, and vice versa.

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    Oh don't worry. They set it up perfectly for the ones who you thought were going to die to die and the ones you thought wouldn't to come back in the part 2 next year
  • DoosDoos Centurion

I watched a shitty cam of this the other day which I regret but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

It was very fun. I wonder if Loki is dead forever or if Thor will travel to Hel or something to get him?

Who knows! What a fun movie!

@Doos It'll be like @TimothyWedel said. I figure most of what was done will be undone.

Black Panther will absolutely be back, and sadly, so will Spider-Man.

edited May 15

@Juxtapose said:
    @Doos It'll be like @TimothyWedel said. I figure most of what was done will be undone.

my brain does not compute

• DoosDoos Centurion

I read they've announced Black Panther 2 and Spiderman 2 already so a lot of people assume, yeah, they're back but I wonder if those will be more of a lead up to Infinity War. Nothing saying the timeline has to be post Thanos.

That I know of.. I haven't really checked.

Also I don't doubt they'll all be back. But I would agree to any argument that said otherwise as well.

Fun movies.

@TimothyWedel said:

@Juxtapose said:

my brain does not compute

I don't like the current Spider-Man, as I've discussed before. Though his representation of the character in "Infinity War" was a lot better than "Homecoming."

• DoosDoos Centurion

Where's your bit on current Spiderman?

edited May 16
    @Doos

"Saw this yesterday and thought it was okay. It had a bunch of funny moments, the tie in to the main MCU was done well, and they actually made the Vulture cool.

Overall though, it didn't feel like Spider-Man to me. There was no real conflict between his personal life and being Spider-Man, no "great power" moment. His suit, though it looks the part, is not Spider-Man. Outside of Parker himself and perhaps his buddy, all the supporting characters are poorly developed and forced and there's no attachment to them. The film's pacing was quite slow once you hit the second act, etc.

It's certainly a good movie and I don't regret seeing it, but the director clearly doesn't understand what makes Spider-Man Spider-Man. Raimi hit that exceptionally better."

@Juxtapose I remember that but saying it's sad that he isn't dead seems pretty harsh

@TimothyWedel said:

@Juxtapose I remember that but saying it's sad that he isn't dead seems pretty harsh

He is just a fictitious character, after all, and talk of, or hopes for, having such characters killed off is hardly new or earth shattering.

I really don't like this Spider-Man and would love to see him not return.

• DoosDoos Centurion

I'm not sure I've ever seen you have such vitriol for a character, Jux.

I dug this one the most, I think? I'm currently re-watching all the Marvel flicks (That I feel like watching.. I'm going to skip a few) and I might throw the old Raimi spideys in along the way.. and maybe the other ones.

I mean, back in the dizzle when Raimi's were the only ones they were the best. Well, I never cared for 2 as much and 3 had a variety of issues, that I recall. I dunno.. I'll rewatch some shit and get back to everyone which Spidey I prefer.

Juxtapose

@Doos Yeah don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm here screaming with saliva frothing at the mouth over it, but I really don't like this portrayal of Spider-Man at all. I feel they've missed almost every key point that makes Spider-Man Spider-Man, and "Homecoming" was one of the most disappointing MCU movies for me to date.

• DoosDoos Centurion

I've been cherry picking my way through the MCU to re-watch Infinity War.. what'd you think of him in Civil War? I quite enjoyed him there. Especially how unapologeticaly powerful he was.

@Doos said:
    I've been cherry picking my way through the MCU to re-watch Infinity War.. what'd you think of him in Civil War? I quite enjoyed him there. Especially how unapologeticaly powerful he was.

I thought he was okay in Captain America: Civil War, I wasn't wowed by him but I also didn't have an issue with him. I honestly felt Black Panther was by far the stronger of the new characters introduced in that film.

His best portrayal in the MCU I found so far is in Avengers: Infinity War, actually. Hopefully they build on that.

• I like the new Spider-man...to me how he has one liners and they seem so natural is how he was always portrayed when I was younger. Tobey McGuire...everything felt forced with his delivery.

As far as the "great power" moment...I am glad they didn't go into it. they didn't have a how he got his powers...he is just Spider-man. and i love that...we all know how he got his powers...we all know about Uncle Ben dying...I think it is great that in the MCU they have just got on with it.

Much like whatever is going on with the new Batman movie...just let him be Batman...we all know his back story about his parents.

back on topic...i loved Infinity War. An am interested in who come back...Doctor Strange I hope comes back...as he is my favourite of the new characters introduced to the MCU in the lat couple of years

@VanishedNine I'm not saying they needed to show his origin, not at all. I'm saying that the MCU Spider-Man does not show that he learned the lesson of the "great power, great responsibility" moment with Uncle Ben, a moment that is the pivitol defining moment of the character and shapes him into the man, with the principles, that he becomes.

Spider-Man has always been big on the consequences of his actions, and in Spider-Man: Homecoming, there are none.

And that's not Spider-Man. Instead he's just a smart ass who gets bailed out of everything, which fits nicely with him being Iron Man Jr.

• @Juxtapose ahhh...got ya...in a way they kind of did...with him losing the suit Stark makes for him, and he has to fight Vulture in his homemade underwear suit. That might be his moment of learning responsibility without it being the words being said

Wasn't that Tony Starks whole reason for taking the suit away from him after the boat incident? To show him that his actions have consequences and he cant just do whatever he pleases with his powers?

Well that's the thing, it was a slap on the wrist, not real consequences. Like a parent taking a toy away from a child for messing up at school or something. Was Spider-Man freaking out about the boat incident? No, he was whining about loosing the suit. Didn't learn much it seems.

A proper, classic lesson for the same situation: Iron Man doesn't bail him out on the boat and either people die, or close enough that it really hits him so he obsesses over how much he messed up.

• MSQGannerMSQGanner Centurion

I know i'm quite a bit late to the convo but here's my take on the movie.

First off, it was a good movie and a great way for many actors to end their contribution to the franchise.

As for the dying part, i personally don't see it as dying per say but more as them being erased from existance or purely creating a new timeline from that point. That way it gives the opportunity for producers and actors to be brought back in their respective roles at any point without being like "wait! He died died, he can't come back just like that". And if they don't bring them back it's also okay as it wouldn't affect previous movies in any way... Who nows, maybe one day we'll see a DC/Marvel crossover using those disappeared characters...

• The way I see it...only Loki and Gamora are truly dead...the others all faded away...but, and this is where comic books always work...alternate timeline. May be a way to going into the next Marvel phase...working in the X-men...Deadpool...fantastic Four

• MSQGannerMSQGanner Centurion

Loki is most likely in Vahlala which means Thor will probably go and get him out if the story goes that way. It would also be the the perfect situation to finally introduce Enchantress (which i found was lacking from the Thor movies).

As for Gamora, she probably died too but Thanos love for her could easily bring her back in the mixte. If GotG vol.3 happens after Infinty Wars, i guess we'll see her come back that way or something like that. Coming back as Thanos' champion would make sense while Nebula could work along with Racoon and other replacing heroes (like Nova) to reform the Guardians...

• Law212Law212 Centurion
    I finally saw this. I really enjoyed it even though the last few marvel movies werent very good.

I loved that thanos kicked everyones butt even though he was almost beaten by having the gauntlet removed.

I love that there were big consequences and the heroes lost. Though in the next im sure tjeybwill win and use the time stone to undo a lot of what happened.

I didnt like black panther much or ragnarok or homecoming. This one was a hit though.