This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Fallout 3 and GoG

JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

Hey all,

At some point my old man will want to play Fallout 3 again, and he has the Steam version. The problem is it doesn't work right on modern OS without a lot of work arounds, but the GoG version does.

I've never used GoG before. Does it have a centralized client like the Steam or Blizzard Desktop App? Everything on there is DRM free, so I assume you download and install the game, and it basically just plays like the games of yester-year?

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Try putting the game key into gog first to see if it works.
    It is kind of like steam. It has your game library, and its store .

I dont know if fallout 3 is on gog though

• Law212Law212 Centurion

So it is on gog. Try to redeem the key on their site it may work.
    I have the disc version which uses games for windows live.....
    It still works. and I have never had any issues with it working in windows 10

• SintacsSintacs Centurion
    edited June 24

GoG does have a client (GoG Galaxy) like Steam, with a friends list, game library, and automatic updates to installed games.

@Law212 I think all versions use GFWL.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

Thanks guys. When my dad wants to play this again, I'll likely get the GoG version for him then.

@Law212 Which product key would you recommend to try? My father has the Steam version as well as the retail version. The catch is for the retail version he has the base game and bought the DLC through the Marketplace.

@Sintacs From what I've read, the GoG version does not.

• I use GoG. Lots of great deals on games. And old classics also. I think I have almost all the old D&D games.
    I have Fallout 3 and New Vegas which I got on Steam. They work on my windows 10 machine without issues.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@wikkiwild1 said:
    I use GoG. Lots of great deals on games. And old classics also. I think I have almost all the old D&D games.
    I have Fallout 3 and New Vegas which I got on Steam. They work on my windows 10 machine without issues.

The Steam Version of Fallout 3 works on your Windows 10 system, no tweaking or anything required?

• @Juxtapose said:

@wikkiwild1 said:
    I use GoG. Lots of great deals on games. And old classics also. I think I have almost all the old D&D games.

The Steam Version of Fallout 3 works on your Windows 10 system, no tweaking or anything required?

Yes. I have Fallout 3 and Fallout NV on my Windows 10 PC. They play just fine, no issues.

Juxtapose