This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Diablo Immortal

A new Diablo game has been announced, and it's a mobile game: Diablo Immortal. It's a mobile Massive Multiplayer Online Action RPG, and it's set in-between Diablo II: Lord of Destruction and Diablo III.

It actually looks pretty good, kind of like a Diablo III lite in a way, and I'll be paying attention to the title and I've already pre-registered (which can be done on the game's site).

My concerns, of course, are being a mobile game, how much of it will be stuck behind micro transactions and a paywall, and being a MMOARPG as opposed to an RPG, are you forced into playing Multiplayer, as that'd be an immediate deal breaker for me.

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I have no interest in mobile games and never will. They did the same with command and conquer. Made the new one a mobile game.

There must be demand for mobile games, but they are shallow and designed only to get people who buy microtransactions compulsively.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    @Law212 Yeah, I’m not big on them either. There is demand for them though, as kids all play things on their phones and tablets today. As I mentioned, I’m worried about micro transactions for the game as well.
  • Between Polytopia, Fire Emblem Heroes, Pocket City and RCT Classic and just browsing the internet I don't really anything else to occupy my time when I'm traveling. I found the announcement to be underwhelming.