This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Scott Pilgrim

RajioRajio Centurion
edited March 2012 in TV & Movies
any of you read the books or see the movie or play the game? apparently the movie is ALREADY coming to DVD in early Nov!

Comments

• DoosDoos Centurion
    I really enjoyed the movie. The game was ok.

That's something that I really like these days is how quickly movies go from theatres to DVD.

The theater experience is slowly being killed by piracy... and thank fucking god.

You can only have a 6000% mark up on your popcorn for so long before people give you the big middle finger.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    edited September 2010
    lol agreed - i rarely go to the movie theatre because the whole experience is dumb to me. pay more than the price of viewing from home but im in a less comfy chair, with less leg room, no table to put my snacks on, pay more for snacks, cant pause it, sticky floor, nowhere to put my jacket in winter, have to buy a ticket then wait in line for seats, have to show up early if i want to get a seat, etc etc. it just seems dumb. once i quit going to theatres and waiting 6 months to see the movies at home instead ive been much happier with movies.

i haven't watches the SP movie yet but i cant wait for it to come out in home-viewing format.

ive got the full set of books.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    I watched a crap downloaded version... I'd really like to see it in it's full glory. I found it to be very entertaining.

I also have nothing against Michael Cera, which probably helped my viewing pleasure.

If listening to the internets is any indication, this guy is as hated as Bieber, Creed and Nickelback combined. :P
  • movie popcorn is so goooooooooooood
    apparently it did not do well in theaters
    I really enjoyed it though
  • It did awesome in theaters, exactly what they expected. This was definitely not planned to be the next Iron Man and I know they will get a lot of DVD sales.
  • Depends on the theater, when I worked at one we would toss it.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    For an interesting read on Movie Popcorn, check this out.

It's also a very large indicator that the entire industry needs a massive restructuring.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/arts/story.html?id=64ab3f86-2b62-478d-b961-593deadd30a6