This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

First time here? Introduce yourself!

DoosDoos Centurion
edited July 2011 in General
I see some new names, I don't know who you are? Do you know me? Let's find out with this Introduction thread!<br><br>I'll start:<br><br>I'm Doos, been around here since the sites early days, came from Xbox.ca back when it was still Ok, not the shattered shell that it is now-a-days..<br><br>I'm 30, live in London, Ontario.. love metal and work on the railroad.<br><br>My console of preference is the 360, I'm currently waiting for Portal 2 DLC because that game rocks... I'm sleepy and about to eat a McDouble.<br>

Comments

• Helllooooo,
    Im EyeOfTheHawks (referred to as Hawks, always)

18 years old, still in high school

Live about an hour Northwest from Barrie Ontario

Been at this forums since the beginning, switch from .ca after all the shenanigans with the mods

Used to play on the 360, switched over to PC last year.

Primarily play First person shooters, sandbox and racing games

I also run an active youtube channel here:

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    Pinned the thread.

I'm Juxtapose, many of you know me from the Xbox Forums and I've had the pleasure of meeting many of you in real life as well.  Love gaming, hate DLC and the nickle and diming that publishers push on the consumer today :p.

I'm 30, live in Toronto, Ontario, and I've worked in Television Production for nearly 9 years now.

The Xbox 360 is my primary gaming platform, and I'm currently playing through Dead Space 2 for the second time and also enjoying Mortal Kombat.  Big fan of the Halo franchise as well and I'll whoop all your butts in Halo Wars, save for possibly Switch.

And I was born in the '80's, but don't know the song off the top of my head :(.
  • Hi, I'm VanishedNine...I was happy that DoG was formed as the xbox.ca was slowly going downhill.

I am 41, and live in Port Colborne, Ontario which is near the Fort Erie/Buffalo border. I enjoy gaming on the 360 and PS3...with my favourite series being Uncharted...iam looking forward to Uncharted 3 this November.

I was born in Feb of 1970...some interesting things that happened within a couple months of my birth; the Apollo 13 mission, The Beatles officially broke up, Bobby Orr's famous "flying through the air goal to win the Stanley Cup"
  • My name is Rum Geoff, 31 from New Brunswick and work full time in food and beverage in a management position.  I was on the CA forums since 2006 mostly as a lurker but slowly posted more as time wore on. I love me some Bad Company 2 and killing zombies. If there could only be a Left 4 Battlefield game I would be a content cat. 

I've got a 360, PSP and my wife has her Wii. I'm really close to having enough Air Miles to get a PS3 and am looking forward to playing some of the console exclusives like God of War, Uncharted, etc. 

I'm a die-hard New England Patriots fan (long before they started winning) and am eagerly awaiting my divorce from the Phoenix Coyotes once my beloved Winnipeg Jets come back. 
  • Hey, my name is Brant.  I am 29, live in Edmonton and work as the warranty rep for a company that makes nearly indestructible cases and flashlights.  I'm married and have a 5 month old daughter.

I hung around on the xbox forums for about a year before finally posting and now that MS has broken those forums, I came here.  I've been gaming since I was about 6.  I started to slow down last gen but am getting back into gaming now.  I currently only play the Xbox360.  Favorite genre would be RPGs.  Other hobbies include guitar, photography and biking. 

• RajioRajio Centurion
    Note to Mods - Can this be interweaved somehow with the 'Welcome' thread? Or maybe just a sticky? Something? Discuss!! Then delete the discussion and leave a 'Hey I'm new everyone please love me thread!!
    Yeah I personally don't like there being too many stickies in a forum. 2 at once is usually a good max. We've been trying to figure out how to deal with the welcoming of new users. A thread like this is needed. (we had one before) and also an open letter to new users, or FAQ or guide of some sort. I suspect these can all be joined in to ONE thread eventually where we have a guide/faq in the OP and everyone can post their introductions/welcomes in reply. 

We just need one thread tht welcomes new users, introduces them to us, and gives them a brief lay of the land so they feel at home quickly. 

Any input you guys have on this would be helpful. As usual all help is appreciated. for now, jux has stickied his thread but eventually it may merge with the other one once we get a more flushed out welcome guide written. 
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Hello I'm Rajio (known by some as Mister Switch .... just Switch for short) I'm in my 30s - get off my lawn! I live in down-town Toronto. I'm the administrator round these parts meaning I take care of all the behind the scenes junk. 

I'm currently without a full-time gig but doing freelance work here and there (community management, marketing, graphic/web design, etc) 

I like games. They're fun. I like food. Its my favourite thing to eat. I'm generally a big fan of anything creative. I'm both a producer and consumer. 

• Why the fuck isn't Doos a mod yet, yo?

I'm Rebelled. I rebel. I rebelled right there.

• Hi, I'm Justin (or HarmonicTorture). I'm 19, from LaSalle, Ontario. Some of you may remember me from my occasional posts on the Xbox forums or having played games with some of you. I'm new to this site (referred by Juxtapose13), and I'm pleaseantly surprised. There is quite a community here.

I'm an avid gamer like most of you here. I'm currently playing through Brink and the Gears series once again.

I prefer the 360 as my console of choice but I do like the others for different reasons. Hopefully we can get some games in sometime.

• @Rebelled
    We all know if Doos was a mod, he'd sneakily change posts to have swears in them, hidden swears.
  • I'm Jordan, also known as GaussianMist. I'm 19, and live in British Columbia, Canada. I like playing video games, eating food, and drinking beer now, I guess.

I game a lot, probably more than most people, but where I live, there isn't much to do anyways.

I prefer gaming on the 360, I started playing some PC games, and will probably end up buying a PS3 this summer.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    I'm Ozzi(Cam,Cameron) some people refer to me as ozz....No i didn't go for my online cause of Ozzy Osborne..i was born in the 90"s I'm 17 ;)
    I've been here since the beginning lets just say i stopped going on Xbox Forums after i started here. I'm a pretty Chill Guy and i game mostly on 360, occasionally on PC
    I'm off to college...eventually :P
    my future residence is in Toronto, I currently reside between London and Kitchener 

• Timothy, reporting for duty. I reside somewheres in the British Columbias. If you take the average age of everyone who has posted here already (except for @VanishedNine) you would have an age that is very close to mine. I have been at DoG since the beginning and intend to stay for as long as I am welcome. I like to make things overly complicated. I love video games, books, writing and long walks on the beach.
  • Heyo! I'm Brennan. I'm 20 years old and I live in a small town outside of Ottawa. I've lurked around the xbox.ca forums for a while, seldom poster. But I know most of your names. Been wondering what happened to you guys, and when I logged on the Xbox site forums, I now know why you guys left. Been gaming since the Doom days. Yes, my parents let me play that game when I was verrrrry young. My parents are the ones that got me into gaming. Thanks Ma! ;) haha   

• RajioRajio Centurion
    Out of curiosity, how did you find us @Hawkeye?
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    @Rebelled
    We all know if Doos was a mod, he'd sneakily change posts to have swears in them, hidden swears.
    Exactly what I was going to say. Exactly.
  •  

Out of curiosity, how did you find us @Hawkeye?
    It was your sig on the Xbox forums Switch. :)
  • @YourEscape so you are calling me old...thanks ;-)
  • @VanishedNine It can also be because your age would have made the average higher. Anyway you chose to interpret it is fine though. :)
    Hi, I'm Justin (or HarmonicTorture). I'm 19, from LaSalle, Ontario. Some of you may remember me from my occasional posts on the Xbox forums or having played games with some of you. I'm new to this site (referred by Juxtapose13), and I'm pleaseantly surprised. There is quite a community here.

I'm an avid gamer like most of you here. I'm currently playing through Brink and the Gears series once again.

I prefer the 360 as my console of choice but I do like the others for different reasons. Hopefully we can get some games in sometime.

Dude, glad to see you made your way to the new club.  Put your feet up and stay a while!

Heyo! I'm Brennan. I'm 20 years old and I live in a small town outside of Ottawa. I've lurked around the xbox.ca forums for a while, seldom poster. But I know most of your names. Been wondering what happened to you guys, and when I logged on the Xbox site forums, I now know why you guys left. Been gaming since the Doom days. Yes, my parents let me play that game when I was verrrrry young. My parents are the ones that got me into gaming. Thanks Ma! ;) haha   

I popped into the Xbox Forums for the first time since the day of the "upgrade," and aside from Greenskull and one or two others I knew no one there.  I did see you posting though, and welcome to Delay of Game!
  • I'm Jordan, also known as GaussianMist. I'm 19, and live in British Columbia, Canada. I like playing video games, eating food, and drinking beer now, I guess.

I game a lot, probably more than most people, but where I live, there isn't much to do anyways.

I prefer gaming on the 360, I started playing some PC games, and will probably end up buying a PS3 this summer.
    Oh thank god someone else from BC, I live on the island

I'm Matt, I'm 20 and currently attending school or Idontfuckingknowyet

I'm a PC/360/when I get the funds 3DS kinda guy
  • Michal is what I call myself when I don't name myself after a campfire treat of tasty and I have recently turned 20 and... Well there really isn't any fancy jazz to me. I game, I have opinions and some people don't like 'em while others do.

360 is my console of choice since it is the only console I have bought/supported with my own money although I do find myself jumping onto the PS2 every now and then which I have kidnapped.
    ... although I do find myself jumping onto the PS2 every now and then which I have kidnapped.
    There a ransom out?
  • the1npc here (Joe) I'm 18, soon to be 19
    I hail from Burlington, ON it's beside Hamilton and beyond boring

My system of choice is pc but I mostly play 360 since most of my friends have one
  • Hey all, I'm Caitlin or Dino (I'll answer to both). I'm currently 17, will be 18 at the end of the year and am in high school. Uni hopefully in the fall.

I've been gaming since I was probably around 3 or 4, and the first game I remember playing is Duck Hunt. Since then I've been gaming all my life, from Pokemon on the N64 to Harvest Moon on the GameCube, and my current preferred console is the Xbox360. I got Xbox Live in September of 2006. I enjoy shoot-em-ups, RPGs and puzzle games. I don't have too big a variety of games. I've always hated sports games and am not a big racing fan, but lately I've been itching to get a solid racer.

I joined this site only at the beginning of the month because of the destruction of the xbox.com forums. It didn't take very long for me to nestle in here and I'm really liking it so far.

Oh yeah, I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba.
    Otherwise known as Winterpeg, Slurpeetoba/Murdertoba.
    Not the best place to live, I must say.
  • edited May 2011
    Ill join in on this one!

Hey everyone! Im SenorGizmo... Im not Mexican, but Gizmo was taken and I like the prefix! 

Im 27 and currently residing in Toronto (just moved here after living in Montreal for 8 years, and its big!). 

Im a geneticist with a strong interest in Oncology. I play Rugby and my favorite animal is the Llama.

I joined this site about a month after it got going, following Switch. I left the xbox.ca forums because it was stupid.

I am known to eat meat to an extent at which i develop meat sweats.... I like meat....and beer....and women.
    Hi all, 

I am new here. I am 33 years old from Kitchener, Ontario. 
    I am a Microsoft Xbox MVP I enjoy shooters mostly I would say favorite game is Gears 1,2 I also enjoyed the Gears 3 beta. If you want to do some gaming send me a message on live GT: Kiesey78
    Welcome to the community Kiesey, and enjoy your stay here at DoG!

On a somewhat related note, you ever played with SpectralMeat and a few other old regulars from the Canadian General Xbox Forum?  Most of Spectral's group are big on the Gears series, and coincidentally they're mostly around the Kitchener area.