This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Halo Reach

RajioRajio Centurion
edited September 2010 in General
I've just put up some photos from yesterday's Halo Reach control point defense event in Toronto. I walked past again at night and it looked great in the dark but I didn't have my camera on me anymore at that point :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rajio/sets/72157624884842754/show/

Comments

  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Those are some great looking pics, Raj...

    What kind of camera do you have?

    Also, that chick is cute as hell..
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Thanks a lot. I'm rocking a Canon Digital Rebel XSI DSLR with a Sigma 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 lens.

    and yeah there were a few really cute chicks there. friendly too. too bad they had to be there through midnight - by that point we'd already gone for drinks. ;)
  • Excellent pics Switch; you really captured the spirit of the laser tag games.

    I did a write up of the event here, with quality crappy pics courtesy of my company CrackBerry ;) : http://arbitersjudgement.blogspot.com/2010/09/halo-reach-control-point-defence.html
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    thanks jux.

    you should have seen it at night jux - the smoke plus the red and blue lights made it pretty cool. would have been amazing for pics ... but boozing it up took priority hahaha.
  • Why does everything fun happen in Toronto?
    Yeah and the pics are cool.
  • @Rajio Sweet. Were the Diet Coke people still there? I actually had some random guy ask me where I got the small bottled Diet Coke when I was walking to my office :p.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    actually yes they were. they must have brought a crazy load of coke there.

    and it happened in vancouver too, Smore so :P to you. hahah.

  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Yeah but Smore is located in one of those 'middle' provinces no one cares about. :P

    Thanks for the Oil, Smore! We'll use all those resources to have fun! Enjoy your low taxes.

    ;)
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    hahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Heh, I just googled your camera. It's fancy in the pantsy!

    You do a lot of photography?
  • Yea, that chick with the strap of bullets was ridiculously hot & fiesty! lol

    And Raj, those are some SICK shots!
  • My mommy cares about those middle provinces...
    From what I heard Vancover got jipped and they didn't even get to play Reach.
    I will enjoy my low taxes!
    Bwahahaha!
    I'm really hyped up about Reach which is funny because when they first announced it I was all 'meh'
    Perhaps because a rotating planet isn't as exciting as gameplay and action oriented live action and betas.
  • Yea, that chick with the strap of bullets was ridiculously hot & fiesty! lol
    Pretty much everyone seemed in love with her or scared of her or both :p.
  • From GameShark.com:





    KowZ, theBruce, and myself appear in the vid.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    I spotted my back. (man, I could have got some sweet night photos there. too bad)
  • ...since I'm an hour outside of the city. I've gotta' stop being such a penny-pincher though.
    I live in Toronto, in the suburbs, and commuting to downtown usually takes me anywhere from an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes, depending on day and time of day.

    If you're taking the GO train from out of city, I know it's more expensive (but a higher quality train/trip), but you can still conserve cash on food by eating at hot dog vendors or at Subway ($5.00 footlong). If you're only going for the event, which usually lasts a few hours, you can bring your own water in a bottle to cut costs as well.

    Really, the biggest expense is time, but if you're enjoying yourself and meeting great people, sounds like time well invested to me!

    Hope to see you at future events Wick!
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Yeah its all about the people funnily enough. We spend so much time socializing at the events.

    Speaking of which, I'll hold another Canadian community pub night in Toronto in the next few months. Who's in? I guess on a friday/saturday night some time. Maybe the first week of Oct to celebrate the launch of this site?

  • KowZ, theBruce, and myself appear in the vid.
    WHICH ONE ARE YOU!?
  • Very nice photos Switch. Too bad I wasn't able to make it to that. Laser Tag really isn't my thing anymore anyways.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Welcome to the site, M00fie
  • Thanks Brotha. Didn't see a Welcome thread (either that or I am lazy and/or blind).
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    As for events, I'm open to all kinds... but I always need somewhere to stay as things tend to go late into the night what with all the socializing and what not... that's why I usually can't make it to anything. I don't want to drop cash on a hotel 'cause they're friggin' expensive, yo!
  • I spotted my back. (man, I could have got some sweet night photos there. too bad)
    (off-topic) you good with setting up indoor concert shots any tips cuz thats my main struggle with camera tricks.
    (on topic) i would be more than willing to help, contribute and provide prizes to help out too.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    yeah concert shots aren't the easiest. It's generally low light and fast movement. You'll want a high ISO setting (aka film light sensitivity. higher is better in low light) and you'll also do best with the right lens. Something with a wide aperture is best as it will function best in low light. My lens, is a 2.8 for instance. it works as a fraction so the lower the number, the better it will do in low light. I don't have a fancy flash yet but some kind of indirect flash with a diffuser could help also (ie you can angle it to point at the ceiling and it will give diffused light)

    Anyhow those are the tips. Lastly you want to keep the camera as still as possible so elbows close to your torso. feet far apart so you're stable. lean on something like a column if you can.

    Check out this girl I know who does a LOT of concert photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/delineated/

    on flickr you can see what settings and camera a photo was taken with.
  • Yeah its all about the people funnily enough. We spend so much time socializing at the events.

    Speaking of which, I'll hold another Canadian community pub night in Toronto in the next few months. Who's in? I guess on a friday/saturday night some time. Maybe the first week of Oct to celebrate the launch of this site?
    Agreed, and for me, the events are all about community and socializing and less so about the actual games! I've actually been playing some Gears with Noble and Rev, the two guys I was chatting with behind me in line. Rev was the pierced one your said would kick my ass for pushing through the line ahead of him ;).

    As for another pub party, I'm in unless something unforeseen comes up! The weekend after the first week of October is the long weekend though, and I'd be tied up with family stuff.

  • WHICH ONE ARE YOU!?
    The dude in the brown jacket in need of a shave and a haircut :p.
  • Yeah its all about the people funnily enough. We spend so much time socializing at the events.
    TBH, I spent about 90% of my time at the Reach event socializing, while the other 10% was spent on going through the laser tag "process" (don't want it to sound boring) and playing some FireFight.
  • Yeah its all about the people funnily enough. We spend so much time socializing at the events.
    TBH, I spent about 90% of my time at the Reach event socializing, while the other 10% was spent on going through the laser tag "process" (don't want it to sound boring) and playing some FireFight.
    Yup. These events are always about socializing for me.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    Mmm... socializing. X09 was brilliant for that. We drank! We socialized! I played L4D2 for all of 2 mins. and that's all the video gaming I did.

    Other than that, it was beer o clock and shooting the shit. Two of my favorite hobbies.
Sign In or Register to comment.