This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Diablo III

Comments

• Almost lost my mind earlier today, when the Xbox crashed while my Hardcore (one life) Monk was in the middle of a battle most of the way through Nightmare Act II... (I had the PC version crash several times on my Hardcore characters, killing them, so I gave up on that mode on PC). Thankfully, when I re-booted the Xbox and re-loaded the game, my Monk was alive and well at his last checkpoint in town. [whew!] He's up to level 52 in Hell mode now...
  • @Juxtapose ww didn't win against everything, stygian dolls would pretty much kill you instantly if you just ww'd through em without insane lifesteal, and even with that you'd still be lucky to survive on Hell diff. Will admit the Barb was definitely one of the easiest to play though. I tried out a few stupid builds on them, my favorite was a frenzy barb dual-wielding daggers (I think I used 2 Ghostflames), it got up to some obscene movement and attack speeds.

Bone Necros were still pretty good after all the nerfs, players generally didn'y have much if any magical resistance, so they did well in PvP, and magical immune mobs weren't very common in hell.

I'd say by far the Sorc was the easiest class, spam teleport and forzen orb and win, spam a bit of static shock on tougher enemies and dump all stat points apart from whats needed for gear into mana. Fire Sorcs were a lot of fun after they introduced the synergies, could gear up very easy early with a runeword "leaf" staff, it boosted your abilities a good bit, they did A LOT of damage with their fireball and meteor, though they were very hard to play in PvP since their spells were tough to land.
  • Sintacs wrote:
    @Juxtapose ww didn't win against everything, stygian dolls would pretty much kill you instantly if you just ww'd through em without insane lifesteal, and even with that you'd still be lucky to survive on Hell diff. Will admit the Barb was definitely one of the easiest to play though. I tried out a few stupid builds on them, my favorite was a frenzy barb dual-wielding daggers (I think I used 2 Ghostflames), it got up to some obscene movement and attack speeds.

Bone Necros were still pretty good after all the nerfs, players generally didn'y have much if any magical resistance, so they did well in PvP, and magical immune mobs weren't very common in hell.

I'd say by far the Sorc was the easiest class, spam teleport and forzen orb and win, spam a bit of static shock on tougher enemies and dump all stat points apart from whats needed for gear into mana. Fire Sorcs were a lot of fun after they introduced the synergies, could gear up very easy early with a runeword "leaf" staff, it boosted your abilities a good bit, they did A LOT of damage with their fireball and meteor, though they were very hard to play in PvP since their spells were tough to land.

I'm simply saying what the Battle.net forums were flooded with for a long time, and that was Baba, which is what I'll always remember them as.

I never bothered with PvP, found it boring. After the Nerfs, I found Bone spells got the job done but where overall meh. On the harder difficulties it took a lot more work than it used to.

For the Sorceress, yeah, she was fun. I remember using Firewall a lot, but that was an earlier build.
  • I have the PC version and the Console version is appears nothing like it. If it is like the PC version then it will be challenging.
    I was not able to complete my first play through. And since every game is not like any previous game I will be having some fun.
  • Gah, had an epic fail -- my Hardcore Monk died at level 59, two bars from 60 and literally steps away from the final confrontation with Diablo on Hell mode. Some golden enemy off-screen froze him while one of those big fist pounding guys wailed on him. Not even his "Near Death Experience" skill could save him. Argh!
  • real money auction house is going to be removed from the pc version
    good news, I never used it but its existence made some gamers blood boil
  • the1npc wrote:
    real money auction house is going to be removed from the pc version

Didn't they always say they couldn't get rid of it, that it was ingrained in the PC version?
  • Juxtapose wrote:
    the1npc wrote:

Didn't they always say they couldn't get rid of it, that it was ingrained in the PC version?

yeah something like that I believe
    the1npc wrote:
    Juxtapose wrote:
    the1npc wrote:

They really wanted to stick to their guns so I'll respect 'em for that. I guess it's back to Diablo 2 style loot where I will never lay eyes on anything worthwhile.
  • Smoreninja wrote:
    the1npc wrote:
    Juxtapose wrote:
    the1npc wrote:

They really wanted to stick to their guns so I'll respect 'em for that. I guess it's back to Diablo 2 style loot where I will never lay eyes on anything worthwhile.

I got lots of great loot in Diablo II.
  • SmoreninjaSmoreninja Centurion
    edited September 2013
    I would get neat loot but it felt like my gear was falling off very quickly.

For Diablo 2 I never ever got the random crap that apparently everyone played the game for, hell Diablo 2 kinda ruined my view of getting good item drops in other games.
  • MecandesMecandes n00b
    edited September 2013
    Smoreninja wrote:
    I guess it's back to Diablo 2 style loot where I will never lay eyes on anything worthwhile.
    In the Xbox version at least, the lack of an auction house has definitely caused them to improve the loot drops, in my experience. I see Legendary items every play session -- my hardcore Monk had found several dozen Legendary items by the time he was through Hell mode, for example.
  • I'm giving the WDYAIG thread a break.

I got the piranha ability for my Witch Doctor and now she went from someone who I was concerned that she needed gems to keep her alive in hard/expert difficulty. That and they are now zombie piranhas.
  • Diablo 3 Patch Notes

My electric Wizard got a slight nerf but my spirit WD got a terrifying buff while my Normal DH got a neat buff too.
  • I just checked Best Buy's web site, and the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls will sell for $44.99, which is the same cost as the PC expansion at retail.

The difference is the last gen console versions also come with a copy of the core game, so you're getting that as a free bonus.

The current generation consoles though, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, will cost $64.99, so you're paying for vanilla Diablo III with those versions.
  • The only thing I haven't played is Reaper of Souls. I kind of want to, but I'm not rushing to.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    I just checked Best Buy's web site, and the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls will sell for $44.99, which is the same cost as the PC expansion at retail.

The difference is the last gen console versions also come with a copy of the core game, so you're getting that as a free bonus.

The current generation consoles though, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, will cost $64.99, so you're paying for vanilla Diablo III with those versions.
    I thought you also get the expansion with the next gen versions as well?
  • When you buy the Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition, it has the game, RoS expansion...and probably some other stuff
  • I just checked Best Buy's web site, and the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls will sell for $44.99, which is the same cost as the PC expansion at retail.

I thought you also get the expansion with the next gen versions as well?
    Yeah, @VanishedNine is correct.

The console versions, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition, comes with the core game and the expansion. Not sure about other content.

The last generation versions will retail for $44.99. The current generation versions will retail for $64.99. The PC expansion itself retails for $44.99. Pricing according to Best Buy's Canadian web site.

This essentially means you buy the expansion for Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 and you get the core game for free. You buy it on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and you're paying $20.00 more for the core game and the fact that it's "next gen."

I'll likely bite down the road then, and pick it up for the Xbox 360 and sell my vanilla copy.
  • I traded my copy in a while ago. I'm not reviewing this one -- someone in the States is -- so maybe when it hits the bargain bin.
  • I traded my copy in a while ago. I'm not reviewing this one -- someone in the States is -- so maybe when it hits the bargain bin.
    Yeah, I want to get through more of my backlog, but down the road, I might pick it up; especially if I see it on sale.

I'm interested in trying the Crusader class, and I've certainly enjoyed Diablo III.
  • edited August 2014
    It looks like one of the local libraries will be getting it in this month, or next. They have three versions listed.

I'll likely just borrow a copy, play through Reaper of Souls and be done with it. It was a good game for one play through, but didn't entice me to go back.
  • MecandesMecandes n00b
    edited August 2014
    Did anyone pick up Reaper of Souls for Xbox One or PS4 yet? What do you think of it?

I've bought this game three times already (two copies for PC so family could play together, and one for Xbox 360), and am a little hesitant to run out and pay another $75 after tax for a fourth copy. Obviously I love the game, and the idea of playing couch co-op (the way we prefer to play) at 1080p is very tempting... Aiiieeeee!
  • i'm in the same boat as @Mecandes except i just have it for my 360

i'll probably just wait for a sale and treat it like a new DLC that i can wait for
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    I picked it up on X1. Loving it way more than I ever did on my PC. It just feels so much more natural on console in my opinion.
  • Well, I suppose I could save a few bucks if I buy the digital download; which probably makes sense because if I do buy it yet again, I'm unlikely to be planning to trade it in any time soon. :D

Yeah, it is a far far better experience on the console; far more addictive. :) (Though I'm assuming that's partly also due to refinements that happened on the PC version over time, to be fair, and it's probably better than it was at launch too.)
  • I played through Diablo 3 on Xbox 360 about 3 times before I got bored.

I wasn't going to get UEE for the same reason but I am so glad I did. There are a ton of changes that make the game a lot better and more enjoyable. I haven't even gotten to any new content (except for things like new events, item attributes and other changes) yet. Adventure mode sounds like a blast and the new paragon system is going eat my time away.
  • They seem to have removed the demos from 360 and PS3. I wanted to try this game on console.
  • I picked it up on X1. Loving it way more than I ever did on my PC. It just feels so much more natural on console in my opinion.
    It really does