This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Diablo III

Comments

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    the new character pack expansion will allow you 1 new character slot that is what most games would do so if you are full you have room to grow a necro.... personally, I might hold out 6 months for the paladin (that has always been my fav)

Is the Paladin coming though? I'd assume not since the Crusader is very similar.

• @Jux I will post the link to the Diablo 1 in Diablo 3 when I get home today.

Juxtapose
  • Hey all,

I'm liking the PC version so far. A few q's as there are obviously some interface differences and such between the PC and console versions;

• The Chat Window in the bottom left, anyway to get rid of it or make it so it's not so prominent all the time?
    • Any way to customize your Banner without needing to go into an actual game?
    • Is there a random name generator when you make a Hero? Doesn't look like it.
    • The option to "Display Monster Health Bars," what exactly does this do? I assumed it would, well, display the Health Bars of the monsters in the game world above their head, but it does not.
    • Anyway to mark items in your Inventory as Junk so you can mass sell them quickly to a vendor?
    • I'm assuming there is no Dodge command like on Console?

Thanks!

• @Juxtapose said:
    Hey all,

I'm liking the PC version so far. A few q's as there are obviously some interface differences and such between the PC and console versions;

• The Chat Window in the bottom left, anyway to get rid of it or make it so it's not so prominent all the time?
    • Any way to customize your Banner without needing to go into an actual game?
    • Is there a random name generator when you make a Hero? Doesn't look like it.
    • The option to "Display Monster Health Bars," what exactly does this do? I assumed it would, well, display the Health Bars of the monsters in the game world above their head, but it does not.
    • Anyway to mark items in your Inventory as Junk so you can mass sell them quickly to a vendor?
    • I'm assuming there is no Dodge command like on Console?

Thanks!

Got a few of the above figured out.

• I figured out how to customize the Banner, by right clicking it in the Hero select menu.
    • The Display Monster Health Bars does work, but only after you attack a monster will a bar show above it's head. No bar means it's at 100% health.

The rest, comments are welcome!

• you answered the only 2 questions I even understood.

I dont have a clue about a dodge command...but I play templars and barbs so they dont typically dodge shit

I always select my own character names from literature

As far as selling items I always just open my inventory...after selecting sell on the merchant gump then I right click each item individually at the same time that allows me to compare that item with what I am using it ....before sale

• Law212Law212 Centurion

No dodge, but you don't need one. Glad you got the game, join me for season 9.
    Also , for the chat box, just click on the little chat icon and it will only show some text and the rest of the box will close down.

You have to do inventory stuff one item at a time.

Juxtapose
  • @EchoGolfSierra said:
    you answered the only 2 questions I even understood.

I dont have a clue about a dodge command...but I play templars and barbs so they dont typically dodge shit

As far as selling items I always just open my inventory...after selecting sell on the merchant gump then I right click each item individually at the same time that allows me to compare that item with what I am using it ....before sale

For the Dodge feature I'm talking about, on the Console versions of the game you can tap the Right Stick in any direction and your Hero will actually dodge in that direction to avoid stuff. Came in rather handy.

• I bought it as well. Not sure how much I will play since I already sank over 400 hours into the PS4 version.

Juxtapose
  • @Juxtapose said:

@EchoGolfSierra said:

For the Dodge feature I'm talking about, on the Console versions of the game you can tap the Right Stick in any direction and your Hero will actually dodge in that direction to avoid stuff. Came in rather handy.

well I guess you could play with an xbox controller and see

• @EchoGolfSierra said:

@Juxtapose said:

@EchoGolfSierra said:

well I guess you could play with an xbox controller and see

I don't believe the PC version supports Controllers like the console versions at all.

• @TimothyWedel said:
    I bought it as well. Not sure how much I will play since I already sank over 400 hours into the PS4 version.

Yeah, for me as well it's going to be a secondary game to StarCraft II since I already played through several characters in both Diablo III and then Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition on my Xbox 360.

I'm still having lots of fun with it though, but definitely taking it less seriously.

I sold my Xbox 360 copy yesterday as well for a whopping $3.65.

• @Law212 Played some more yesterday evening and got my Crusader to Level 25.

For the future, if I created a game and you joined, would the Monsters spawn at my character's level?

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Yes they would scale to you. So you wouldn't die in one hit.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Also rememeber that the necromancer comes out soon. I look forward to using that character.

• @Law212 said:
    Also rememeber that the necromancer comes out soon. I look forward to using that character.

Yeah, I am interested in checking the class out; assuming it's not insanely over-priced.

In Diablo II, my favourite classes were the Assassin and Paladin, followed closely by the Necromancer and Sorceress.

Their Diablo III equivalents are the Demon Hunter, Crusader (and I was absolutely having Paladin flashbacks while playing last night), Witch Doctor, and Wizard, but of course the Necromancer will take the Witch Doctor's place in that sense.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

The first character I made in Diablo 3 was the witch doctor and I loved him. I called him Doctor Evil. I want to go back and play as him some more

Juxtapose
  • Can someone test something in Seasonal Adventure Mode when they have a second?

Start up a game and go and talk to any NPC in town that has an "*" over their head. Let's say Tyreal, for example. He'll first tell you he'd glad you've come, and then he'll have other conversation options.

Listen to them all please, and make sure they're greyed out (since you've listened to them).

Exit the game.

Now start another Seasonal Adventure Mode game with the same Hero. Tyreal will again have an "" above his head, so talk to him. He'll tell you he's glad you've gone. When he's done saying that though, does the "" reappear, and the other dialogue options he has, are they now white again as if you never listened to them?

Thanks.

• Tested......yes they are white again. but Maybe you actually need to kill shit inbetween loads to trigger a save screen or complete something....will try to test it next time I play

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    Tested......yes they are white again. but Maybe you actually need to kill shit inbetween loads to trigger a save screen or complete something....will try to test it next time I play

Thanks, that's how it's happening for me too, though I swear that it wasn't doing that before.

I want to say this is a by-product of a patch from a few weeks ago, but I'm not 100% sure. Not that it's the end of the world, of course, just more of a nuisance to me to always see those asterisks above their heads and on my mini-map.

• I dont ever remember asterisks until I play seasons... during the story mode/campaign it was a gold exclamation mark I believe. And I dont ever remember that returning after having read the text

• there are blue asterisks over peoples heads to explore conversations with them. In adventure mode, they are over Tyrael's head in each zone you adventure in...when you first log in

• @VanishedNine said:
    there are blue asterisks over peoples heads to explore conversations with them. In adventure mode, they are over Tyrael's head in each zone you adventure in...when you first log in

Yeah, except now in Adventure Mode, they return to Tyreal, the Haradrim guy, Orek, and the NPC you can talk to for PvP each time you start a game, regardless of if you've listened to everything or not.

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    I dont ever remember asterisks until I play seasons... during the story mode/campaign it was a gold exclamation mark I believe. And I dont ever remember that returning after having read the text

They were actually. Asteriks were for general conversation topics, Gold Exclamation Marks are for Quests.

I can't recall, are there Silver Exclamation Marks as well?

• Made some good progress on Chapter 4 of Season 9 last night, and I now only have two more challenges to do.

I also killed Malthael on Torment IV, which took me three tries in total.

My Crusader is a very good tank, but his damage output isn't the best, so my first attempt I just picked at him like a flea while standing my ground and then dead.

My second attempt I decided to be more mobile as @Law212 did, but then I wasn't doing any damage since I was constantly moving. I found I could take three solid hits from Malthael with my ability use, and then dead.

So I abandoned that and went and killed Ghom on Torment II, and while sorting my Stash my internet actually cut out for five minutes. When it came back up, I Googled "Malthael Torment IV Crusader" and found a great tank build; even tankier (is that a word) than what I was using.

So I went to try Malthael again, and took him. At worst I lost two thirds of my health, but he just couldn't kill me as my armour was so high, and I even had not one, but two ways to resurrect upon receiving fatal damage; neither of which was used once. It took me about twenty to twenty five minutes to off him since, again, not great damage output, but I did it.

So the only Challenges I have left now is the Greater Rift (On level 20, Torment IV I think. Not sure how to access that difficulty though, as the max I can choose is Torment II Level 13), and to teach the Jeweler some more designs.

Anyone know how to get said recipes, where they drop (or can you buy them from a vendor) and also how to access that difficulty level for that Greater Rift?

• three tries??? how many fucking tries will it take for you to download and use Discord Jux?

Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Juxt, You need to work your way up the rifts. Beat 13, beat 14, and so on. level 20 is at torment 4 so you just need to keep working your way up.

Juxtapose
  • @Law212 said:
    Juxt, You need to work your way up the rifts. Beat 13, beat 14, and so on. level 20 is at torment 4 so you just need to keep working your way up.

If I simply create a Greater Rift on Torment IV and beat it, will it count/jump me up to the proper difficulty, do you know?

• @Law212 said:
    Try it, it might.

I'll do that later and let you know.

Any idea where I can get the book/recipes to teach Chen jewel designs?