This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Diablo III

1234568»

Comments

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@TimothyWedel said:
    I'm cool with it. They throw out huge content updates for free all the time and there is another coming with the necro. I think that justifies the price.

That's cool, and to each their own.

The content updates are something they're doing to prolong the life of the game; more players would have left for newer games without that in today's market.

So by doing that, they retain business, attract more new sales, and make more profit. A similar concept, though scaled down more, was the norm back in the late '90's and early 2000's before premium DLC became the milk market it evolved into.

Don't mistake me, I'm not ragging on Blizzard, as this is the price I expected the content to retail for (since it will sell at that cost). For me though, I can wait.

• SmoreninjaSmoreninja Centurion
    I'm too lazy to look this up myself. What's in store for 2.6?

@Smoreninja said:
    I'm too lazy to look this up myself. What's in store for 2.6?

An interesting read about a cancelled Diablo III expansion.

I caved. Lots of the Necromancer's abilities are hilarious to use. Especially corpse explosion.

@Smoreninja said:
    I caved. Lots of the Necromancer's abilities are hilarious to use. Especially corpse explosion.

Did you ever play Diablo II? Corpse explosion was amazing to use there. Until they nerfed it.

The only notable character I had was a Druid. :(

@Smoreninja said:
    The only notable character I had was a Druid. :(

That's actually the only class I never bothered with. Loved the Paladin, Necromancer, and Sorceress in the vanilla game, and the Assassin was fantastic from the expansion set.

For the "Rise of the Necromancer" Pack, at the $14.99 US price-point, would you recommend it? Are you currently playing Adventure Mode with the class, or replaying through the Campaign?

Sorry. I started writing my reply and then forgot it. I'm playing the story mode right now. I don't regret the purchase but waiting for a price drop or sale feels like a more reasonable course of action. I'm still low level so I might change my tune.

@Smoreninja said:
    Sorry. I started writing my reply and then forgot it. I'm playing the story mode right now. I don't regret the purchase but waiting for a price drop or sale feels like a more reasonable course of action. I'm still low level so I might change my tune.

No worries. Yeah, for me, I think I'm going to wait until it's on sale for about 50% off (which will be a while). $20.00 Canadian, for me, is a lot to ask for a single character.

• I decided to get the Necromancer; my reasoning is that I'm incredibly impressed with how much free content and updates Blizzard has kept making available for the game, so I'm happy to show my support for that.

That said, I think most (if not all?) of the new content is free to play with other characters, so I do think you're really just buying the character alone (unlike Reaper of Souls), so yeah, waiting for a price drop is not a bad idea either.

But if you haven't dusted off your copy of Diablo III in a while, I definitely recommend checking it out. A lot of new things to do and polish too. Seasons give you a series of specific tasks to accomplish and seem worth working through to get the 6-piece set reward... (it's probably the easiest way to get 6-piece sets?) Then you can then take them into Set Dungeons and see if you can master the set's powers and win banners/pennants. They've also added a feature where each week there is a set character build and defined rift to play -- with a leaderboard to see if you can complete the rift with the build faster than your friends.

P.S. I think right now the only way to get pets (if you didn't get one in a promotion or by buying the Necromancer) is to come across the rare Menagerie Imp. The pets collect gold for you, which gives them a small use.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Sounds cool. I think ill be buying it soon.

@Mecandes Yeah, the new zones, Rifts, etc. are free to everyone. So you are buying the character and cosmetics only.

You can also earn pets as Seasonal Rewards if they're offered. For example Season 9 had a Pet as one of the Rewards.

@Mecandes A pet will be one of the Rewards for Season 11; the Emerald Dragon. Source.

• I just picked up the Necromancer add on for Diablo 3. Haven't played it yet. Been too hot here.

Season 11 has started, and I'm playing through as a Demon Hunter this time. Having a lot of fun, and also went through the new zone that was introduced a few patches ago; the Blood Moores I think it's called.

It was a lot of fun.

• Season 11 will be ending shortly, at 8:00 pm Eastern on Fri. Oct. 20th.

Season 12 will begin on Thurs. Nov. 9th at 8:00 pm.

Details here.

For those who're doing their first Season, here's what you can expect when said Season ends:

@Law212, gotta hurry if you want to complete this Season!

I forgot to post that the annual "Darkening of Tristram" event is back until January 30th.

It's a lot of fun playing through Diablo, a lot of nostalgia. I just completed the event again, complete with the secret Cow Level.

• Finally got to try it; it's a fun idea. In my first playthrough, I must have missed some of the clues to how to get to the cow level etc., so will try again. :)

Juxtapose

Season 12 for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is ending shortly. The Season will end on Sun. Feb. 11th at 8:00 pm Eastern, and Season 13 will start on Fri. Feb. 23rd at 8:00 pm Eastern.

The usual Season ending video below:

• For any interested, Season 13 is now live!

First look at the Season, and the rewards for playing on-offer, here.

For those enjoying the current Season of Diablo III, Season 13 is ending soon.

Season 13 will end on Sun. Jun. 3rd at 8:00 pm eastern. Season 14 will begin on Fri. Jun. 15th at 8:00 pm eastern.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I need to hurry and finish this season!

@Law212 said:
    I need to hurry and finish this season!

If you want the rewards, absolutely you do!