This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Blizzard's Overwatch

Comments

• A bit off topic...but the DDOS was affecting World of Warcraft servers as well

I think it was affecting all Blizzard games, I know Hearthstone was also affected as well
  • either it is fixed or consoles arent affected
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Its like when a bunch of babies all get on the highway at the same time and drive really really slowly in all the lanes. it makes it impossible for anybody else to overtake them and drive to where they're going. traffic backs up for miles. in the case of a DDOS attack, the highway is the internet, the babies are babies, and you're someone trying to overtake them with somewhere to go (a website or whatever)
    JuxtaposeReclaimerM3GTREchoGolfSierrathe1npcSintacs
  • A bit off topic...but the DDOS was affecting World of Warcraft servers as well

I think it was affecting all Blizzard games, I know Hearthstone was also affected as well
    Yes it was; all Blizzard games (on PC since it was related to Battle.net). Had the same issues last night with StarCraft II. My father as well.
  • Rajio said:

Its like when a bunch of babies all get on the highway at the same time and drive really really slowly in all the lanes. it makes it impossible for anybody else to overtake them and drive to where they're going. traffic backs up for miles. in the case of a DDOS attack, the highway is the internet, the babies are babies, and you're someone trying to overtake them with somewhere to go (a website or whatever)

NAILED IT
  • IgnitionCOREIgnitionCORE Centurion
    edited August 2016
    it impacted consoles too @Juxtapose

we log onto the Battlenet servers to play, so i had trouble connecting and any matches i did get into ended up crashing
  • it impacted consoles too @Juxtapose

we log onto the Battlenet servers to play, so i had trouble connecting and any matches i did get into ended up crashing

Oh interesting, I thought the console versions used their own respective services.
  • they do but ....I had no issues at all on my xbox one and I know PC and xbone dont use the same servers
  • Rajio said:

hey thanks...great analogy :)
  • couldn't overwatch yesterday :(
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    So I've received a 'silencing' from blizzard for 'abusive chat' in the game. I highly doubt I said/did anything offside. I never swear in the game for example and hardly, if ever use text/voice chat at all. almost every game has players salty with me and being abusive (whom I report)

this silencing doesnt really effect me since i dont use the chat features anymore due to toxic people but its interesting to me none the less. if they're doing this to me, hopefully all the toxic people ragging on me every match also get what they deserve and i hope im not just a victim of an overload of reports making the scales tip at a feather touch.
  • RumGeoffRumGeoff n00b
    edited August 2016
    Rajio said:

So I've received a 'silencing' from blizzard for 'abusive chat' in the game. I highly doubt I said/did anything offside. I never swear in the game for example and hardly, if ever use text/voice chat at all. almost every game has players salty with me and being abusive (whom I report)

this silencing doesnt really effect me since i dont use the chat features anymore due to toxic people but its interesting to me none the less. if they're doing this to me, hopefully all the toxic people ragging on me every match also get what they deserve and i hope im not just a victim of an overload of reports making the scales tip at a feather touch.

Reminds me of the Xbox 360 feedback system, if you killed someone multiple times in a round of a MP game, odds are you would get bad feedback... ie ":unsporting conduct"

• Law212Law212 Centurion
    ya that feedback was horrible. I had people reporting me all the time. Quitting early, unsporting, all that stuff. Mostly from street fighter 4 and halo. I never quit matches. People just do it because they are mad about losing and reporting people for nothing fills their empty lives.
    Juxtapose
  • IgnitionCOREIgnitionCORE Centurion
    edited August 2016
    @EchoGolfSierra you must have played before the attack because everyone i was on with couldn't connect to the server on XB1 and after i got off my friend tried again and still couldn't finish a game

@Rajio can you tell them it was feedback tampering?

on xbox 360 i think i was about 70% avoided because of Gears of War

it's just people abusing the complaint feature
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    I can contest the ban but by the time they respond the ban will be over.
    Also if they're getting 100s of complaints perhaps they think 'people hate this guy, lets fine a reason to eliminate that' which is what i'm concerned about. if the same rules apply to everyone then great, but if they do i shouldnt be hearing so much of the toxicity thats directed my way.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    I understand that you are looking to appeal the Silence on your Overwatch account.

After a thorough final review of the action taken against this license, we have arrived at the same conclusion. The action will not be reversed or changed under any circumstances.

We understand that you may still have concerns regarding the action, but we must reiterate that it was taken to address a violation of our policies (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/), which all players accept before logging into the game.

As this issue has been reviewed by multiple representatives, it is now considered closed. If you have questions regarding a different license or issue, please feel free to contact us again. However, further inquiries regarding this issue will no longer receive a reply.
    yeesh. they won't even tell me what i did wrong so i'm suspecting that its due to feedback abuse more than anything else. so ok, im going to note use chat or voice at ALL and see if i get silenced again.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    HOws that for a thank you for spending your hard earned money on our game?
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Well I don't begrudge them moderating - they need to prevent toxicity. but i just hope they're treating others who are toxic to me similarly.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    right. and I know that they cant see the specifics of every report and just have to go by volume so to them you look like a total dickhead with all your reports against you of language and whatnot. Its just a bit of a kick to the nads from them.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    Yeah exactly. I mean in theory they shouldn't be letting the volume of reports sway their moderating - thats how toxicity takes over. the bullies end up in charge.

maybe i said something out of line. but i have no way of knowing if they wont tell me.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    wel ive never played against you online or with you so I don't know if you get crazy but somehow I doubt it. who knows though maybe you went on a racist tirade....
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    thats also another reason i wouldn't spend on any of the game's DLC. i mean why pay more for something if im going to get banned from enjoying it.

PS the irony is not lost on me that this is how a lot of the trolls sound. trolls and cheaters whine a lot and profess their innocense. i'm not doing that or at least trying not to. if bliz doesnt like something about my behaviour i'd love to know so i can maybe change it. i'd like to know what they deem acceptable and not. i'd like to know that unacceptable behaviour is deemed unacceptable evenly across players
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    You did say you've been losing a lot lately and that make make anyones potty mouth go off.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    the good news is that i've broken that losing streak and regained a lot of my rank. now at like 52. my high was 57 i think
    Law212
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    Good stuff. What was the problem do you think? Sometimes I just need to take a break from a game when I start losing like that.
  • RajioRajio Centurion
    yeah that was probably a part of it. also i stopped trying other heroes - stick to symmetra and get more wins. despite the bitching teammates. a good fraction of my losses though i definitely attribute to salty teammates who just give up playing when they see me playing symmetra. happens about one every 3 or 4 games for sure.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    Well I like that you didn't stick to what people expected. Play your way and it works. Closed minded people..... add them to the kind of people this world doesn't need.
    RajioEchoGolfSierraJuxtapose
  • TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    edited August 2016
    Riot has a really cool system in place where the players act as a tribunal to decide if someone deserves punishment or not.

Players who reach a certain level can simply log in and help make the game better. They'll give you the chat logs and a ton of other information for each of the games the player was reported in and you choose if they should be punished or not. Multiple people get the same case and depending on how everyone votes they will punish or leave them be.
    Rajio
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    I like how some games you can have some kid send a swat team to your house if you are being bad in games. Seems like a good system to have in place.
    Rajio
  • @TimothyWedel said:
    Riot has a really cool system in place where the players act as a tribunal to decide if someone deserves punishment or not.

Players who reach a certain level can simply log in and help make the game better. They'll give you the chat logs and a ton of other information for each of the games the player was reported in and you choose if they should be punished or not. Multiple people get the same case and depending on how everyone votes they will punish or leave them be.

The tribunal has been offline for a while sadly.