This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Blizzard Entertainment Game Night

Comments

• @TimothyWedel said:
    That's 5:30 pacific? I'd be up for either a bit of HotS or Diablo. Would be on for too long because I have to prepare for live tweeting the Nintendo event for LevelSave at 8:00

According to Google, yup, 5:30 Pacific. And by Diablo, do you mean II or III?

• Cool.

If we do play Diablo III, I'm thinking perhaps it'd be best to play Adventure Mode with low level/new characters.

Actually, for the "Darkening of Tristram" Event and to earn the Butcher Pet, you need to enter the Labyrinth as a Level 1 character and complete it in one sitting.

Am I correct on that, @Law212 , as you've earned said Pet already.

Perhaps we could go for this?

• Law212Law212 Centurion

@Juxtapose said:
    Cool.

If we do play Diablo III, I'm thinking perhaps it'd be best to play Adventure Mode with low level/new characters.

Actually, for the "Darkening of Tristram" Event and to earn the Butcher Pet, you need to enter the Labyrinth as a Level 1 character and complete it in one sitting.

Am I correct on that, @Law212 , as you've earned said Pet already.

Perhaps we could go for this?

YEs, and I totally forgot about it when we played. Tonight is no good for me though I have tons of homework to do

• @Law212 Cool. If something changes, feel free to pop on and see if we're playing.

Even if we don't get a game night going, I expect to be on playing either StarCraft II or Diablo III anyway.

• I might miss these for now...i am usually winding down my day around that time...and shutting off my electronics for the night

Juxtapose
  • sorry I missed it tonight...when I didnt hear anything I committed to taking the wifey out

• I'm definitely interested in Diablo II but it'd probably need to be on a weekend for me to join in. Work hours are wacky as of late.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

I'd definitely be down for some Diablo 2.

• @EchoGolfSierra No worries, I made some good progress in my Brutal playthrough of StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and had a good time.

@Lactos and @Sintacs Why don't we set a Diablo II night then for a weekend in late January to early February (I'm tied up for this weekend and maybe the next at the moment)?

• EchoGolfSierraEchoGolfSierra Centurion
    edited January 2017

I think we should try to set a regular night...maybe a calendar function can be added to the site so we can specific specific games for specific nights

to be honest...that is all the site is missing...we have a fun intelligent respectful community...if we could just get some regular multiplayer functionality....it would be heaven

Juxtapose
  • @EchoGolfSierra said:
    I think we should try to set a regular night...maybe a calendar function can be added to the site so we can specific specific games for specific nights

to be honest...that is all the site is missing...we have a fun intelligent respectful community...if we could just get some regular multiplayer functionality....it would be heaven

Yup, and that's what I'm generally trying to do with Blizzard Entertainment's games since most of their titles are easier on system requirements, easy to learn, and almost all have Starter Editions or are free to play.

A regular night is what I'm going for, but I can never get consensus on what frequency people want or the day, so further up this thread I was suggesting then every two weeks and I picked Thursday simply because it worked for me at the time (So this coming Thurs. Jan. 19th would technically be the next one).

@Rajio Is a calendar function possible for the site?

We could actually use the Steam group for a "calendar" of sorts. You can set events with dates and start times, and it'll give the folks in the group who are online when it starts a nice little notification letting them know an event has started. To do this you need to be an admin in the group though.

Juxtapose

Can't edit: a moderator of the Steam group may be able to set events as well.

• @Sintacs The only catch with that though is you need to be logged onto Steam regularly for it to be effective.

@Juxtapose As far as I can tell, the majority of us are logged in on a regular basis, that's the main reason I suggested it as an option. I'm not sure if everybody is in the DoG group, but I believe it is publically joinable, so it's not really an issue to get them in. The only thing we would really need to do is to get @Rajio to setup some other folks as admins or moderators to get the events posted.

Juxtapose
  • Well, for the moment, I'll stick with the original schedule I suggested earlier in the thread until we can all come to a better consensus. So:

Join me for some Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PC) this coming Thurs. Jan. 19th at 8:30 pm eastern.

I'm thinking Adventure Mode, though should we do Season or Regular? As of this typing, I have a Seasonal Level 41 Crusader, a Seasonal Level 2x Wizard, and a normal Level 1x Demon Hunter (playing Campaign).

Of course, I'm happy to create a new character if we all wanted to start around Level 1.

I'll do a Diablo II event next on an upcoming weekend. @Lactos, do Saturdays or Sundays work better for you?

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I saw we start some fresh hardcore characters

Sintacs
  • @Law212 said:
    I saw we start some fresh hardcore characters

I'd be down for that; haven't tried Hardcore in Diablo III yet.

In general, did some reading, and for the best/fastest leveling benefit vs risk, apparently Hard is the difficulty to play until you hit 70 and get some solid gear.

• I helped my nephew with a few levels of hardcore. I just used my templar that I played the game through the first time with on easy....I still think I only died once...Diablo 2 I found was much more difficult.

@EchoGolfSierra said:
    I helped my nephew with a few levels of hardcore. I just used my templar that I played the game through the first time with on easy....I still think I only died once...Diablo 2 I found was much more difficult.

I think you misunderstood what hardcore is. It's the mode where if you die, you're dead. You don't respawn, you don't play the character again. Since death in hardcore is permanent, you can't bring non-hadcore characters into the mode, as that would pretty much defeat the purpose if you could level outside of it, then hop in. I think you're thinking of the difficulties outside of normal, like nightmare and whatnot.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

@EchoGolfSierra said:
    I helped my nephew with a few levels of hardcore. I just used my templar that I played the game through the first time with on easy....I still think I only died once...Diablo 2 I found was much more difficult.

Harcode game mode, not difficulty. I don't think there is a hardcore diff. THis mode you start a fresh character, and if you die that character is gone for ever. Youd have to start a new one.

EchoGolfSierra
  • @Juxtapose Either is fine. I may have the odd event every now and again but I've got nothing consistent on either day.

• OzziOzzi Centurion
    Holy Shit its been a while since ive been on DoG

Id be down for a blizzard night. With the restaurant and stuff i cant fully commit, but im usually around most sundays, mondays and tuesdays at that time of 8:30pm est.

The rest of the week can get unpredictable.

If i dont have the game youre playing ill just buy it, i have most of the ones listed though.
    Juxtapose

So I was thinking I may join if I could grab the expansion (everybody has it, right?) for under $20 by Thursday and it looks like its on sale for $10 currently. It's definitely tempting, I may grab it and join you guys.

• @Lactos said:
    @Juxtapose Either is fine. I may have the odd event every now and again but I've got nothing consistent on either day.

Good, good. For a Diablo II weekend day, how would this weekend work for everyone, or that too soon?

@Lactos @Sintacs @Law212 (if I missed anyone else who has Diablo II, please tag)

• @Sintacs said:
    So I was thinking I may join if I could grab the expansion (everybody has it, right?) for under $20 by Thursday and it looks like its on sale for $10 currently. It's definitely tempting, I may grab it and join you guys.

Yeah, that's the only reason I bought the Battle Chest; because of the Anniversary Sale.

If you do, it'd be great to game with you!

• Law212Law212 Centurion

It would be cool to have a team of 4 all different classes.
    Is 4 the max amount or is it 5 players?

• I can do either a Barb or a Templar and be effective....otherwise I could be a handicap :)
    ( more so then normal)

• @Law212 said:
    It would be cool to have a team of 4 all different classes.
    Is 4 the max amount or is it 5 players?

Diablo III has a party cap of 5 like Heroes of the Storm. Diablo II has a cap of 8.