This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Mass Effect Andromeda

13»

Comments

• I like how the Mako now doesn't have a gun on top and can be used for cover. Plus the new tire traction features for adapting to different terrain are a nice touch.

• Can't wait to do stunts and run over aliens

• @AnThMaN said:
    I like how the Mako now doesn't have a gun on top and can be used for cover. Plus the new tire traction features for adapting to different terrain are a nice touch.

It's called the Nomad,

@IgnitionCORE I can't play both at the same time though. I think in ME2/3 I had 6 saves evenly split between both Fem and Bro Shep

• Law212Law212 Centurion

True, but I start with a male character and pretend I'm him, then my second character is a female and I made nonsensical choices like a real female would.

JuxtaposeAnThMaNStreaker1978
  • MP video. minor spoiler: it shows off a new enemy. looks like ME3 multiplayer (which is a good thing in my books) but you have jump packs and more movement options.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I didn't like MP in ME 3 and this looks like the same thing....

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

I liked the MP in 3, it was essentially the Horde mode of Gears 4 minus building stuff, but with more loadout customization. I think I actually ended up putting more time into the MP than I did the SP.

• @Law212 said:

Why ruin co-op MP perfection? Literally nailed the way a game should do a horde mode. Killing things and adding random different objectives to mix it up every couple of rounds. Plus they did an awesome job of supporting the game free(granted with Micro transactions). The classes got even more batshit crazy and awesome as it continued

• I'm gonna need to pick up a Gold Card again, so I can play the MP for Andromeda

• Law212Law212 Centurion

@ReclaimerM3GTR said:

@Law212 said:

Why ruin co-op MP perfection? Literally nailed the way a game should do a horde mode. Killing things and adding random different objectives to mix it up every couple of rounds. Plus they did an awesome job of supporting the game free(granted with Micro transactions). The classes got even more batshit crazy and awesome as it continued

Did I say they should change it? I just thought the MP in mass effect 3 was boring and I don't play much of it because of that and this MP looks like the same thing. Soo that means I will probably find this boring too.

You think they nailed horde... I don't .

• i have always found horde in Gears incredibly boring, but i really enjoyed ME3 MP

horde in Gears is way too long and it's a straight campfest, but in Mass Effect you are constantly moving around and setting each other up for combo kills

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

I quite liked Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, which surprised me as I'm not a big shooter multiplayer guy. I played it a good bit with @Lactos, as I recall.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I find horde modes in games boring in general. Mass Effect was no exception. I hope they didn't waste too many resources on it and focused on the campaign.

Can't wait to play, currently installing.

• Mixed reviews are coming in saying things like characters are made of wood and lack of engaging storyline. I'm still getting it though.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

From what I've seen it might be a wait until its 20 bucks game for me .

So far I'll say a lot of the faces are terrible, not necessarily the facial animations as many have been complaining about, but the faces in general are just very bad. I've also had some pretty low FPS drops at a few points on my standard PS4 which kind of makes me sad considering I can't remember encountering any in Horizon Zero Dawn, though I suppose that was exclusive and this is not. Despite all that, I've been enjoying it so far.

Juxtapose
  • i'm still getting it and i'm looking forward to playing. i don't put much stock in reviews anyway

i know this game will be different than the other Mass Effect games, but it still looks good to me

• Law212Law212 Centurion

This video relates. I had a chat with someone a few weeks ago who complained about similar things in games like mass effect and dragon age. particularly having sexuality shoehorned into the games. That scene the video shows of dragon age 3 is very cringeworthy.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

This video is pretty funny. I know the game is getting shit on a lot but still. its funny.

• i cancelled my preorder a while ago. I heard from friends with review copies that it was a mess and I was really only on board with another ME game if it was unanimously great.

I'm glad that people are having fun with it though. It was Bioware Montreals first game where they were leading and not just a support studio. I hope EA lets them continue doing their own thing.

Juxtapose
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

For me I need to upgrade my video card to play it, which I won't be doing in the immediate future, so I'll likely bite down the road when it's already discounted.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

@TimothyWedel said:
    i cancelled my preorder a while ago. I heard from friends with review copies that it was a mess and I was really only on board with another ME game if it was unanimously great.

I'm glad that people are having fun with it though. It was Bioware Montreals first game where they were leading and not just a support studio. I hope EA lets them continue doing their own thing.

Maybe that was the problem...

The game had a racist and some programmers who hadn't done much of anything for years.

http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/03/mass-effect-andromedas-racist-game-designer-no-longer-works-for-bioware/26431/

• @Law212 I have been following Manveer on Twitter (he's actually the first person I ever followed) for over 6 years and he has never once come off as a racist.

People have been a attacking him since the whole gamergate thing started. It's funny be absent the same people who are attacking hI'm because he's "racist" are tweeting him things like "go back to your own country" "Why don't you just go blow yourself and some kids up".
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Yeah , once americans get into it against a brown person they go all crazy. You should see every time there is a live facebook feed of a trump speech lots of people start attacking muslims right away for no reason.

Though some of his tweets definitely come off as racist. I don't know if hes just trolling or what, but more and more ME Andromeda seems like something I don't want to support.

• I havent played too much of the game, but I did the basic Scott Ryder Profile and in the the cutscenes they refer to him by his name opposed to just Ryder. Though outside of actually cutscenes and conversations people do just call you Ryder

• I should've traded it in for a $80 pre-paid VISA

• I started the game today. Took a while to connect with EA servers. Made a custom character and twin. Liking it so far.
    Has the familiar Mass Effect feel but is quite different at the same time.