This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Blizzard Entertainment Game Night

Comments

• I'm down for Heroes of the storm

Juxtapose
  • no problems Jux....sorry to seemingly be busting your balls....I obviously hoped for a different reaction and result.

Cheers

• @EchoGolfSierra said:
    no problems Jux....sorry to seemingly be busting your balls....I obviously hoped for a different reaction and result.

Cheers

No worries.

• I have a quick errand to run but once I take care of that I'm good for some HotS.
  • @Smoreninja said:
    I have a quick errand to run but once I take care of that I'm good for some HotS.

Awesome, again I hope to be on later tonight; I'll update here if that changes!

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    edited February 26

Hey all,

For the weekend games, schedule as follows:

• Diablo II: Lord of Destruction on Sun. Mar. 5th at 6:30 pm.
    • StarCraft II on Sun. Mar. 19th at 6:30 pm

I'm trying a later time slot per a suggestion from @Sintacs to see if that works better for people.

I'm also swapping out Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne with StarCraft II since it's a more recent game and an RTS more of you have; hopefully that'll appeal to more of you.

For StarCraft II, I believe anyone joining a Party can play the Multiplayer version of the game the Party Leader has, meaning that we should all be able to play "Legacy of the Void."

If not, I'm down with either release of the game.

Update: I believe that the "Spawning" I mentioned for StarCraft II, being able to play the latest version of the game if the Party Leader has it, also works with the free Starter Edition of the game.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion
    edited February 26

@Juxtapose I posted those on the Steam events calendar.

Juxtapose
  • Hey all,

A reminder about this coming Thursday's game night. Heroes of the Storm at 8:30 pm!

Morning all,

Reminder that it's Heroes of the Storm tonight; 8:30 pm eastern.

The "For Azeroth!" event is still going on, so we can all play Warcraft Heroes to work towards that.

@Sintacs @TimothyWedel @Smoreninja @EchoGolfSierra @VanishedNine @Law212

• I had the full intention of showing up but my room mates wanted to go out to grab some food.

@Smoreninja said:
    I had the full intention of showing up but my room mates wanted to go out to grab some food.

Fair enough! It was a no-show night for anyone, so I just enjoyed some StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. I saw you signed in just before I signed out for the night.

Hey all,

A reminder about the classic night this Sun. Mar. 5th at the new, later time of 6:30 pm.

It's Diablo II: Lord of Destruction on the plate. I'll create a Private Channel on Battle.net Classic called Delay of Game. After about 15 minutes, though of us there will get started under a Private game entitled "dog", with the password being "d0g1171".

Thanks and hope to see you there!

I think I'm done with HotS for a while, I haven't really enjoyed the game the last few times I was on, it just made me wish I was playing something else. I'll definitely be on for the Diablo III nights though, and will do my best to be on for D2 on Sunday. I think my characters may have been deleted by now though since I haven't really been on since the last time we played it :(
    I should probably check on that.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I uninstalled HOTS. Didn't enjoy the game and it was taking up valuable gigs.

• I didn't find HOTS fun to play at all, I uninstalled it too. It's been called the worst MOBA out there, some friends and I have started to play League of Legends and it's WAYY better. Seriously check it out.

@Sintacs said:
    I think I'm done with HotS for a while, I haven't really enjoyed the game the last few times I was on, it just made me wish I was playing something else. I'll definitely be on for the Diablo III nights though, and will do my best to be on for D2 on Sunday. I think my characters may have been deleted by now though since I haven't really been on since the last time we played it :(
    I should probably check on that.

Oh yeah, let me know!

Okay all, some good feedback here on Heroes of the Storm.

@Smoreninja, I know you were looking to join, so are you still interested in the title? @TimothyWedel, how about yourself?

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    If there are HotS nights going on then I'm always down if I am not busy. It's just hard to know if I'm going to be able to attend or not ahead of time. Same with Diablo. I'm usually more motivated to make time for Diablo though.
    Juxtapose

Hey all,

For the month of April, I'm going to jig this up a bit. Blizzard Entertainment has always been about their core franchises, Warcraft, Diablo, and StarCraft, so I'm going to focus on the current/modern versions of these games.

The Classic titles have had the least attendance so I'll retire them for now, and of the modern games it sounds like Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is looking like the heavy favourite right now. Since World of Warcraft isn't the best suited to these Game Nights, we'll use Heroes of the Storm instead as that game has had good attendance for us, and it also opens up having three primary genres to play: Action-RPG, Team Brawler/MOBA, and RTS.

For the last game day in April, closer to the date, we'll put it to a vote to see which Blizzard Entertainment game you want to play, starting from Starcraft: Brood War all the way to Overwatch; so nineteen years of Blizzard Entertainment games to choose from! @Rajio, I can't recall: are polls possible here on the board?

So for April, the schedule will be as follows:

• Thurs. Apr. 6th at 8:30 pm = Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
    • Sun. Apr. 9th at 6:30 pm = StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
    • Thurs. Apr. 20th at 8:30 pm = Heroes of the Storm
    • Sun. Apr. 23rd at 6:30 pm = Community Vote!

For March, the remaining schedule stands of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls on Thurs. Mar. 16th at 8:30 pm and StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void on Sun. Mar. 19th at 6:30 pm.

@Sintacs

@AnThMaN said:
    I didn't find HOTS fun to play at all, I uninstalled it too. It's been called the worst MOBA out there, some friends and I have started to play League of Legends and it's WAYY better. Seriously check it out.

I watched that game turn into shit, and the community devolve into a bunch of toxic rage babies (it wasn't always bad). Game-play wise it's not really any better or worse than HoTS IMO. Sure, you can build items, but most people blindly follow whatever the current meta is on there like it's the word of god, so I mean it really doesn't count for much. I haven't really touched LoL much since switching over to Smite (though the community is catching up to LoL's, but at least the gameplay is more enjoyable IMO), it just feels too slow and clunky now, and getting kills aren't as satisfying when so much is just point and click with little chance of missing. The group I used to play with on it all went full try-hard too, and it really made playing with them no better than playing with ragey randoms. A MOBA that I REALLY miss is Super Monday Night Combat, that game was so much fun, but the developers abandoned it in favor of Planetary Annihilation and it quickly died with no support. Land of Chaos Online (LOCO) was pretty fun too, and probably one of the first third person MOBAs, though that one shutdown a long time ago.

@Juxtapose I just posted all those on the Steam group calendar. We could also just post a link to a third party poll thing if there's no support for polls here. We should also probably find some structure for the Diablo 3 nights, either getting some folks caught up to run some late game stuff together or something. If I have to start with a new character or low level again (with the exception of the start of the new season) I'll probably be out, I find levelling in the game to be pretty dull.

@Sintacs said:

@Juxtapose I just posted all those on the Steam group calendar. We could also just post a link to a third party poll thing if there's no support for polls here. We should also probably find some structure for the Diablo 3 nights, either getting some folks caught up to run some late game stuff together or something. If I have to start with a new character or low level again (with the exception of the start of the new season) I'll probably be out, I find levelling in the game to be pretty dull.

Cool, let's wait to see what @Rajio says about polling.

For structure in our Diablo III: Reaper of Souls nights, I'm 100% down with that, and rushing characters faster to higher level.

What's the best way to go about that?

edited March 7

Well we could do a power levelling session where I get everybody up to 70 on a non-seasonal so we can all run that stuff. The best way really is just doing a somewhat high Torment Rift or Greater Rift, the low level folks open em and go in, I kill stuff, they fly through levels. The only thing with that is when you enter a level in a rift, all the monsters will be the level of the player that opened the rift, so you do eventually hit an exp wall, but you can fix that by finding the next level quick, and getting more monsters that are at a level that will give experience again. If folks have any Flawless Royal Rubies to toss in a socketed helmet, that helps too, especially if that helmet is a Leoric's Crown, or if you have the passive from that cubed to use. I feel like I could probably run a group to lvl70 in 30 min or so. I've also been working on getting a Staff of Herding crafted, so we can run Whimsyshire once I have that, also save any Bovine Bardiches and Puzzle Rings you find, as you can open a portal to the cow level or the vault with those. At least if we all have a lvl 70 non-seasonal at least that means we will have something uniform we can all hop on, though I will be playing seasonal when the new season starts, so that's something we can do at that point as well, if I manage to get ahead in that I can help folks catch up there too.

Juxtapose
  • @Sintacs thanks for you're thoughts on LoL. I just got into it and my friends are starting to get very ragey as well and yeah almost everygame theres someone raging i.e. "STOP FEEDING" and "STUPID [insert champion] JUST KILL URSELF"; lol its a shame.

What are your thoughts on DOTA? DOTA2?

@Sintacs said:
    Well we could do a power levelling session where I get everybody up to 70 on a non-seasonal so we can all run that stuff. The best way really is just doing a somewhat high Torment Rift or Greater Rift, the low level folks open em and go in, I kill stuff, they fly through levels. The only thing with that is when you enter a level in a rift, all the monsters will be the level of the player that opened the rift, so you do eventually hit an exp wall, but you can fix that by finding the next level quick, and getting more monsters that are at a level that will give experience again. If folks have any Flawless Royal Rubies to toss in a socketed helmet, that helps too, especially if that helmet is a Leoric's Crown, or if you have the passive from that cubed to use. I feel like I could probably run a group to lvl70 in 30 min or so. I've also been working on getting a Staff of Herding crafted, so we can run Whimsyshire once I have that, also save any Bovine Bardiches and Puzzle Rings you find, as you can open a portal to the cow level or the vault with those. At least if we all have a lvl 70 non-seasonal at least that means we will have something uniform we can all hop on, though I will be playing seasonal when the new season starts, so that's something we can do at that point as well, if I manage to get ahead in that I can help folks catch up there too.

This sounds excellent @Sintacs. Why don't we do this next Thursday then?

For Season 10, I'll also be playing again on and off, mainly for the Rewards (Set Armour and Pet).

@AnThMaN said:
    @Sintacs thanks for you're thoughts on LoL. I just got into it and my friends are starting to get very ragey as well and yeah almost everygame theres someone raging i.e. "STOP FEEDING" and "STUPID [insert champion] JUST KILL URSELF"; lol its a shame.

What are your thoughts on DOTA? DOTA2?

That's one thing I've liked about Heroes of the Storm, in the Public Quick Match games I've played, I've only encountered this twice, and not extreme cases either.

@AnThMaN I never played the original DOTA as I never really enjoyed WC3, and the 2000 hour long tutorial in DOTA 2 put me to sleep, that game is crazy slow. No idea is the community is any better or worse, I'd wager it's probably about the same as League at this point. LoL has nothing on Heroes of Newerth though, holy shit was that community toxic. Right now my MOBA focus is on Smite, as long as you avoid Conquest (the standard issue 3 lane 5v5 MOBA thing) on there, the community isn't too bad, and honestly, the other maps Smite has are more fun than the standard 3-lane stuff anyway. I do wanna give Paragon another fair shot since they increased the gameplay speed of it, but my PC really starts to show it's age with it, and I'd rather not get into any MOBAs on a console, so that one is on hold till I build a new system sometime this year.

Hey all,

A reminder about the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls night this coming Thurs. Mar. 16th at 8:30 pm eastern.

Hope to see you there!

@Sintacs @Smoreninja @TimothyWedel @Law212 @EchoGolfSierra

Tag anyone I'm forgetting!

• DoosDoos Centurion

Make sure ya'll come to me with your 80 Gold 'PLay a friend' quests in Hearthstone. If you're playing it.

Juxtapose

Hi all,

A reminder about the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls night tonight.

@Sintacs, is the game plan still to level Characters up to Level 70 for Regular Adventure Mode?

Also a reminder about StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void this coming Sunday evening at 6:30 pm.

I'm happy to play any version of StarCraft II, mind you, and we should be able to take advantage of Spawning, so even if you download the free Starter Edition you'll be able to join in.

@TimothyWedel @Smoreninja @Law212 @EchoGolfSierra @VanishedNine @Rajio

Tag anyone I missed!

edited March 17

@Juxtapose, yeah, we should definitely get everybody on a somewhat even playing field somewhere for now, we can worry about getting people caught up after the new season starts on the next D3 night. I was thinking I'll stream our session tonight starting at 8:30ish.
    Edit: I won't be streaming, OBS wants to keep being difficult today and giving black screens for everything, yet it was working no problem previously, maybe it needs an update.