This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Been playing lots of Gears 4. They recently brought out a card pack called the mystery pack. It contains cards from the UIR pack, Gearsmas pack, 10th Anniversary Pack and the Golden Swarm pack.

In case you missed anything from those previous packs. Which is pretty cool of them since I was missing 2 UIR characters and one Golden Swarm character. All of which I got from the 3 packs I bought (used in game credits) Which was really lucky since on the forums lots of people are complaining about not getting characters they want after opening around 20 packs.

I'm not a fan of the pack system games are going with , and Gears really messed it up in the beginning with real money only packs, and packs that cost so many in game credits you had to play for a full day just to get enough to get one, and they were only available for a day or two as well.

Things have gotten better though with lower credit costs and really cheap special event packs and so on.

• @Law212 said:
    Been playing lots of Gears 4. They recently brought out a card pack called the mystery pack. It contains cards from the UIR pack, Gearsmas pack, 10th Anniversary Pack and the Golden Swarm pack.

In case you missed anything from those previous packs. Which is pretty cool of them since I was missing 2 UIR characters and one Golden Swarm character. All of which I got from the 3 packs I bought (used in game credits) Which was really lucky since on the forums lots of people are complaining about not getting characters they want after opening around 20 packs.

I'm not a fan of the pack system games are going with , and Gears really messed it up in the beginning with real money only packs, and packs that cost so many in game credits you had to play for a full day just to get enough to get one, and they were only available for a day or two as well.

Things have gotten better though with lower credit costs and really cheap special event packs and so on.

The Coalition have really rebounded from a shaky launch. I bought two packs (in game credits) and I've gotten 2 of the UIR characters. I'm tempted to push my luck and get another pack. I'd love to get the last luchador Oscar costume.

I've been making good progress in Fallout Shelter. I'm low on nuka quantums (which can be used to speed up quests) so I'm in the process on getting more. The last couple of days I've sent dwellers off on a quest and gone back on the game after their travel time which is often 3+ hours in real time.

Pretty much all of the city I live in has been shut down after getting a big snowstorm. I've spent a good part of the day playing Life Is Strange with my wife. We finished up episode 2. I enjoy seeing the stats at the end of each episode of who picked what for the various choices.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

The packs are now gone, and the Luchador skins weren't part of the mystery packs. I thought the packs would be up until tomorrow... I would have gotten one or two more to see if I could get some more golden swarm weapon skins or UIR weapon skins...ah well

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    edited February 15
    I finally got my last couple of Doctor Strange 3* covers and had enough ISO to champion him. He is now the best hero I have, by far.
  • @Law212 said:
    The packs are now gone, and the Luchador skins weren't part of the mystery packs. I thought the packs would be up until tomorrow... I would have gotten one or two more to see if I could get some more golden swarm weapon skins or UIR weapon skins...ah well

Packs are back for the weekend @Law212

• I played some more Gears 4 online today and have come to the conclusion that it just isnt for me.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

So I've been playing some Yoshi's Wooly World the past couple nights.
    In a way its typical Nintendo gameplay/ Mario gameplay where you have your character and you have world 1 stage 1 and so on, and you go through the stages avoiding bad stuff and finding hidden things and then finishing the level and moving on to the next.

The thing is, games like this can be fun , and this one is too. The graphics are fantastic. Everything looks like its knitted from wool. The sounds are great and Yoshi is really cute. When he eats something and turns it into wool, it sounds like he says "bum!" as he squats and it looks like he poops out a ball of wool.

In each stage you can find 5 hidden bundles of wool and if you do then you knit a themed Yoshi. Like cow Yoshi, or hot coacoa Yoshi . There is one for every stage and you can then play as the new character or the main green blue or red ones. On top of those , there is a new Yoshi for practically every amiibo that is out now, so that is a ton of different yoshis you can play as.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Played Another world last night. I beat it , but here is a video of me not beating the game, but it somewhat has commentary to it.

The one where I beat it, I forgot to turn the mic on....

Anyway lots of bad language so beware.

• DoosDoos Centurion

I looooove that fucking game.

• IgnitionCOREIgnitionCORE Centurion

i finished Nioh. i highly recommend it to anyone not afraid of a challenging combat experience (for the most part it wasn't difficult at all, especially if you have experience with games from the Soulsborne series)

i started Horizon: Zero Dawn and i like it so far. i haven't played the new Tomb Raider games, but from what i've seen from that, Horizon has a lot of similarities

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    @IgnitionCORE I dunno about it not being too difficult. I have played the first two Dark Souls aND Bloodborne and Nioh is kicking my butt.
  • IgnitionCOREIgnitionCORE Centurion

@TimothyWedel said:
    @IgnitionCORE I dunno about it not being too difficult. I have played the first two Dark Souls aND Bloodborne and Nioh is kicking my butt.

there are a couple of side missions in the last region of the game where you fight two bosses at the same time. that was the hardest part

• I have been playing Horizon:Zero Dawn and I really like it.

• OzziOzzi Centurion
    I have it on my counter at home still in the package..i really want to start it. Just trying to find the time.

Fuck, adulting sucks sometimes lol.
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@Ozzi said:
    I have it on my counter at home still in the package..i really want to start it. Just trying to find the time.

Fuck, adulting sucks sometimes lol.

I find that since spare time is at a premium, you really need to be discriminating about the games you play since you don't have the time to play them all.

Basically pick the one or a select few that really appeal to you, and there you go. Since you have less time too, they'll last you longer since you'll be playing less.

Just completed Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Season 9, Chapter IV. So I've earned the Pandemonium Portrait, Rocky Pet, and for my Crusader the full Set of Thorns of the Invoker (I actually got one of the last two pieces off of Gambling weeks ago).

It came close to completing a Greater Rift on Level 20, Torment IV. This was the Achievement I was the most worried about earning, and I did it on my first try with 0 Minutes and 0 Seconds remaining.

Too close.

Next Season I think I'll restart my Wizard and go through with her.

Yesterday I completed StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void on Brutal; some of those missions were pretty tough, but I earned all the Achievements for it.

Started up "Nova - Covert Ops" on Brutal.

• finished Horizon: Zero Dawn and it was an excellent game

the main story and the gameplay are great, but i didn't really enjoy the sidequests with the exception of a couple of them

• Started a new round of Forza Horizon. I got it again when it was free. Only issue I have is that all the DLC I had is no longer available.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Played some killer instinct. I recently got the Definitive edition... which still leaves out a character , Killgore, and a new character that is out in 4 days an I think one more character...so those need to be bought individually still....

I also played Gears of war 4 I need to grind some credits for the new locust packs. They are pretty expensive to it will take a while. I doubt ill be able to earn more than 2 packs this weekend.

• @Law212 said:
    Played some killer instinct. I recently got the Definitive edition... which still leaves out a character , Killgore, and a new character that is out in 4 days an I think one more character...so those need to be bought individually still....

I also played Gears of war 4 I need to grind some credits for the new locust packs. They are pretty expensive to it will take a while. I doubt ill be able to earn more than 2 packs this weekend.

What's your scrap situation like? You could use some and create some of the bounties that award credits, ie-win as a Day of the Dead character. Those can be quickly used in the coop versus AI playlist.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

ya that's a good idea. ive been doing those bounties in vs ai but I'm out. I could make some more with scrap I guess

• i got the Drone skin. wish they had the Grenadier Elite

Law212
  • @IgnitionCORE said:
    i got the Drone skin. wish they had the Grenadier Elite

I bought one pack with coins and got 4 skins and 1 emblem. I'll probably get another pack this weekend and see what I get. At the least, you can get some decent scrap out of some of the new skins.

Congrats on your re-up!

• Law212Law212 Centurion

So I crafter a bunch of win as cards , and I noticed that the store label had an ! appear over it. I opened the store and saw that they put an esports supporter 3 pack in my inventory! pretty awesome. I never thought id win one from watching the esport events.... I'm pretty hyped. I hope I get steel anya.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

So hyped right now. The pack opened on its own while I was playing.... I noticed I had the "!" on my character slot so I opened it to see which character I got...

Black steel Marcus.... Pretty sweet, I really like marcus and the skin looks great.
    I play a few more matches. go back to the menus and notice there is still a "!" on my character slot.... check it again and boom I also have black steel anya..... that's pretty awesome.

• @RumGeoff said:

@IgnitionCORE said:

I bought one pack with coins and got 4 skins and 1 emblem. I'll probably get another pack this weekend and see what I get. At the least, you can get some decent scrap out of some of the new skins.

Congrats on your re-up!

Thanks.

I haven't played in a long time, but wanted to give it another go. the shotgun feels a little better after the latest patch

@Law212 those black steel characters and weapon skins are pretty sweet

• Law212Law212 Centurion

@RumGeoff said:

@IgnitionCORE said:

Congrats on your re-up!

Were they weapon skins or characters?

I want to get the two locusts before the end of the weekend. Though after tonight iwont be able to play much.

• @Law212 said:

@RumGeoff said:

@IgnitionCORE said:

Congrats on your re-up!

Were they weapon skins or characters?

I want to get the two locusts before the end of the weekend. Though after tonight iwont be able to play much.

Weapons skins, I just bought another pack with coins and got 4 weapon skins again and another emblem, and one of the skins was the chilling boomshot, that doesn't exactly strike me as "enemy themed weapon skin sets", lol...

That's pretty sweet on the black steel skins, they always look good on any characters I've seen in game.