This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• @Ozzi I'm a wholehearted supporter of physio and with my countless injuries from ultimate I've taken care of each and every one of them with physio.
  • having two ruptured discs in my back with nerve impingement I feel for ya Sir. If they are ruptured discs (only an MRI can tell for sure) they will probably never heal either...fun eh.

I have suffered from this for 20 years....slowly modifying what I do and how I do it based on pain. Sadly the pain returns after the change eventually, and after 20 years I have run out of things to change. I finally said screw it and requested a pain referral. Opioids solve anything but are incredibly addictive.....so I tried cannabis 3 grams a day taken orally and it really made a difference. The CBD strain has effective pain modification without the stoned sensation. The THB strain removes pain completely for about 10-12 hrs but you are feeling pretty stoned about the 5 hr mark. There are different THB strains....some dont make you as stupid ( I get stupid when I am stoned) ....

I would seriously give cannabis a shot, I am about 1 month in and I now sleep 8 hrs pain free each night where I use to get 2-4 hrs sleep a night max.

now it isnt cheap....(but then neither is opioids) unless you have good benefits.

JuxtaposeDoosStreaker1978Ozzi
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

Today was the Gutsy Walk for Crohn's and Colitis Canada, a 5K walk fundraiser, in which I took part. My goal was $150.00 and I raised over $1,500.00!

Outside of the rain, it was a lot of fun and something I'll do again next year!

DoosVanishedNineLaw212OzziStreaker1978Lactos
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Holy crap , 1500! good stuff.

Juxtapose
  • OzziOzzi Centurion

I've been contacted by a e-transfer scammer on multiple occasions through my business.

I've reported it to the police a few times, an officer pops in grabs copies of the emails, and just tells me to ignore them, or i can tell them i've contacted the police.

I spoke with my friend who works for OPP, they get these calls a lot now, and he told me to just play along with them now, and to just fuck with them. So i have been.

It's actually quite amusing, they try to hard to get $2500.00 from me.

The last one my last remark was

"I've contacted the RCMP cyber, and i would gladly send you your food order in prison"

Because the whole premise is they want a food order, but they need to pay a party planner that cant accept credit card, so they want me to charge teir cc for the entire thing, then i need to e- transfer them the remainder.

It's actually quite unfortunate that people to fall for these scams and are out 1000's of dollars

• RajioRajio Centurion

Oh my god. i'm finally done.
    I've been burried in work for the past few months. finally can relax a little this weekend, then big day on monday.

E3 man... I tell ya. It's hard work!

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I spent most of the day out. Its so nice today. I was out since 9 30 am. first I thought id get out and hunt down some garage sales. Hit a few but there was nothing good. I picked up 5 old xbox games for 5 bucks , and bought a nice aluminum bat off some kid and made his day giving him 5 bucks for it.

I also went to the flea market to kill some time. Bought some hot Sauce and hot jelly beans.... Oh and some cheap blu rays from my movie guy. I picked up Paranormal activity the ghost dimension 3D, Civil war 3d, Scar 3d. Which looks like a shitty movie though. Also got the mummy trilogy on blu ray.

Then I went to north York and bought a Wonder Woman statue and a Conan Trade and then drove the owner of the shop to his mechanic to pick up his car.... Hes a cool guy , if anyone here is looking for figures or statues he can usually get you anything and cheaper than anywhere else. Vortex Comics.... though hes looking to mainly get into selling figures and statues not so much into comics. Though he does like Trades.

Then I went and got my propane canister filled, at the local spot, and then lastly went to Canadian Tire to get some line for my line trimmer. Spent money, but it was really nice driving around with the windows down and just relaxing.

@Law212 said:
    Holy crap , 1500! good stuff.

Thanks man, it's at $1700 now! Donations are accepted until Jul. 5th, so if anyone else wants to donate it'd be much appreciated!

I've been having health ups and downs these last few weeks which has been problematic. Got sick of a glutten free pizza crust at the end of the May long weekend and it took me a week and a half to recover, and my digestive system started acting up again this past Tuesday. It's not awful, but something's wrong, so I'll be reaching out to my doc to discuss.

Despite this, I finally got to use my BBQ today, which I bought a month ago. My folks came over and I grilled up some hotdogs and set up the patio set I'd bought, and we enjoyed a nice lunch in my backyard. This is the first time I've done anything in my backyard other than yard work, and I've lived here for almost five years!

I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend resting and hopefully getting better.

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    I have my first job interview after looking for a job for nearly 9 months in a few hours. I'm nervous as all hell and couldn't sleep for more than an hour.
    Smoreninja

@TimothyWedel said:
    I have my first job interview after looking for a job for nearly 9 months in a few hours. I'm nervous as all hell and couldn't sleep for more than an hour.

You'll do just fine. Remember, it's simply a conversation, so go an enjoy that conversation!

What's the job for?

Smoreninja
  • I think if we don't find any bees in the house this Summer my roommates and I are going to live here long term. I wish we decided on this sooner so I can try my hand on growing carrots and potatoes.
    @Juxtapose It's for the hardware store by my place. It's not the best job but it's something and it's one of the few places by my house. If I get the job there I won't have to walk an hour and a half to the bus and back each day to get to work.

As always I was worried for nothing. It went well and the manager was super nice.

Will hear back from them tomorrow if I got the job.
    Juxtapose

Good to her it went well, @TimothyWedel . And a hardware store would be a good, educational job for you. Much to learn about in there.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Hardware store would be awesome. Every job is an opportunity. Except my last landscaping job... fuck that place.

Juxtapose
    I got the job. I'll be working in the hardware department starting Monday. Even though I already went through this just days ago and realized how dumb it was to worry I am scared and anxious as hell.

Hurray for anxiety!

@TimothyWedel said:
    I got the job. I'll be working in the hardware department starting Monday. Even though I already went through this just days ago and realized how dumb it was to worry I am scared and anxious as hell.

Hurray for anxiety!

Congrats on getting the job @TimothyWedel ! Being nervous before actually starting a new job is a very common thing. That'll pass as you do the job and begin to get more comfortable with the environment.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Yup, I was nervous starting my new job.... Its normal.

• That's awesome @TimothyWedel you will do great

• Congrats Tim.

There is nothing wrong with pre work nervousness. I was stupidly nervous when I started my job 3 years ago.
    Work went pretty well today. I hurt, I'm thoroughly confused and want to die but it wasn't that bad.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
    VanishedNine

@TimothyWedel said:
    Work went pretty well today. I hurt, I'm thoroughly confused and want to die but it wasn't that bad.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

That's good, though why do you hurt? From lifting stuff?

• If the heavy lifting is what's causing the hurting then don't forget to stretch after your shift. Hell, a quick stretch during won't hurt either.
    It's mostly my feet and somewhat my back. I'm hoping new shoes can fix that. I almost gave up and quit last night it was so bad. I'm about to go out to work again and most of the pain from last night is still there.
  • Good shoes are stupidly important. Even if you don't have a job that keeps you on your feet.

@Smoreninja said:
    Good shoes are stupidly important. Even if you don't have a job that keeps you on your feet.

Insoles too.

Sintacs

@TimothyWedel said:
    It's mostly my feet and somewhat my back. I'm hoping new shoes can fix that. I almost gave up and quit last night it was so bad. I'm about to go out to work again and most of the pain from last night is still there.

What're you doing to cause the pain though @TimothyWedel ? We can advise you better if you describe what you're doing?

• Another general tip I can give: work on your posture. Good posture makes your back work less.
    Juxtapose