This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Buy Recently?

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I cant wait to pick up the TV this week. I have a ton of 3D movies on deck.

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    edited July 18
    Hexk I'm excited for you to get your TV. 4K is rad.

I need to look into getting something bigger and in 4K so I can take advantage of some gaming stuff and a couple of 4k blurays I have.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Thanks dude. 4K is pretty cool. I have always been down with advances in movies. Like when going from VHS to dvd. I loved the dvd menues, audio commentaries, and alternate endings. Some movies used to let you choose which ending to play at the end of the movie. The first one I know of that let you do that was Stigmata. Also Freddy VS Jason was rumoured to do that for the dvd release but they didnt. One ending Jason would win and the other would have Freddy Win.

Then the HD movies came. HD DVD and Blu ray. Then they tried 3D and while I personally love it, its not for everyone. And now 4K and then after that who knows?

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Oh along with the 4K I also want to start gaming in 4K, though that means blowing a grand on a new video card.....

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Star Craft 2 Legacy of the Void for five dollars at best buy.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion
    edited August 4

@Law212 said:
    Star Craft 2 Legacy of the Void for five dollars at best buy.

For any interested, that's an amazing price for the game. If your primarily interested in Multiplayer, this is the one to buy and you can ignore the main game and first expansion (they're all stand alone products).

For those not interested in competitive Multiplayer, there's also Co-Op.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

I bought a Surface Pro 4, i7, 16GB Ram, 512GB SSD

VanishedNineJuxtaposeLaw212

@Sintacs Very cool, how're you liking it so far, and are you using it more as a tablet or laptop?

The new Surface Laptops look very slick as well.

@Juxtapose I've been using it more as a laptop, I probably won't use much tablet mode until I get a pen for it. I actually considered getting a Surface Laptop, but they have Windows 10S by default, it's a version of Windows that can only use apps installed from the Windows Store. I think it can be upgraded to a proper version of Windows though. I mainly grabbed this one since its a tad smaller, so more portable.

@Sintacs said:
    @Juxtapose I've been using it more as a laptop, I probably won't use much tablet mode until I get a pen for it. I actually considered getting a Surface Laptop, but they have Windows 10S by default, it's a version of Windows that can only use apps installed from the Windows Store. I think it can be upgraded to a proper version of Windows though. I mainly grabbed this one since its a tad smaller, so more portable.

Ah, I didn't know that about Windows 10S. There's another Surface Laptop, a more expensive, more powerful one, kind of like a MacBook Pro. Does it also come with Windows 10S, do you know?

Forced use of a distribution service like that rather blows.

edited August 7

The Surface Book? I almost got one of those because it has an Nvidia GPU (my PC GPU just died a week or so ago, so my SP4 is basically more powerful than my desktop PC ATM) and better battery life, but they do cost a good bit more. They're pretty much the same as what I got with the addition of a more laptop-like keyboard (that's included, type covers still aren't included with normal SP4s), and GPU that is in said keyboard along with a better battery. I also believe the tablet is missing the kickstand in that version, as the screen is held up by the keyboard.

My only issue so far has been with the Bluetooth. From what I can see, it's a common issue due to the poor wifi/Bluetooth chip they use in them, when I had my mouse (Logitech MX Anywhere 2) via Bluetooth, the internet speed slows to a crawl, slower than the days on 28.8 dial-up. The same thing happened when connecting an Xbone controller via Bluetooth. So now I just use the USB connector that came with my mouse to connect it, and connect Xbone controllers via a micro USB cable.

Juxtapose

@Sintacs Yeah, I believe the Surface Book was it. All good to know.

Just grabbed the Surface Pen tonight, I was worried about how it would work and possibly interfere with my wifi as it connects through Bluetooth, but it works great, and I'm pretty sure the only time it uses Bluetooth signal is when you press the button on it. Since it doesn't have a steady signal with the Bluetooth, it doesn't interfere at all with my net speed. It also magnetizes to the side of the screen quite well, takes a bit of force to pull it off, it's a surprisingly secure hold for a magnet.

Got me a mousepad for the Surface Pro:

JuxtaposeSmoreninja
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Classic. Very cool

• A lot of food and a lot of blurays and a lot of anime

Sintacs
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Preordered this. Comes out in 8 months.....

I regret selling my old popcultureshock cammy statue..... but this one might make a great replacement.

Sintacs

@Law212 I'll probably have to order one of those too.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

@TimothyWedel said:
    looks expensive

yup...

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I also picked this up the other night from someone on kiji. I had this collectors edition with all 5 disks on HD dvd , but the disc with the 3 main versions of the movie was too scratched to work. So I bought this for a few bucks from someone.
    Funny story. When I went to pick it up, it was a cute blonde girl who was selling it to me.

She came out of her apartment and I got out of my car for the exchange. We talked very briefly and then went our way. I left in the car but pulled over not too far away to answer some texts. I also sent her another email saying that I thought she was cute and if she was single....

She messaged back saying she was flattered and thought I was cute too and if she was single she would have asked where we could go for a beer....

damned boyfriends getting in the way....

Anyway As for the movie I'm sure ive seen it in its entirety before but I don't remember it at all so I want to watch the different versions before the new one comes out..

• that is so rad. I haven't seen the movie but I just bought it on bluray to watch before the new one.

@Law212 Cool statue, cool HD DVD collector's edition, and cool story.

I was surprised when you sold your original Cammy statue as well.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Ya i loved that statue, but i got almost 3 times what i paid for it.

Though I really liked that one, I like this one more. Only by a little but though.

I watched the theatrical cut of Blade Runner. Its OK , its not great though. I was thinking about the movie after it ended and there wasnt all that much to it.

SPOILERS

So it starts with text filling you in on what is going on. We made synthetic people to work on the moon and the newest ones are powerful but went nuts so they were outlawed and blade runenrs kill them....

So some of them came back to earth to try to find a way to live longer because they were made with a 4 year life span.

Indianna Jones is recruited to hunt them down and he does. He kills a couple of them and feels bad about it.

he falls in love with an even newer model , there are sone lines thrown in to question if he is also a synthetic , and in the end he fights a german i was always afraid of as a kid but he dies as his time expires in a great scene in the rain .

Then dekker takes his robot sex toy and drives off not knowing when its batteries will run out but he doesnt care, hes gonna get some.

^Yup, that's generally Blade Runner in a nutshell.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

These were hard to find but I'm happy I got them..

This was about 8 bucks so I figured why not. I kind of wanted to see it and in 3D it might be cool.

I was happy to find one of these in best buy.

• ^ Nice

I bought some legal drugs so I can hopefully be in less pain and go to work.

Also Everybodys Golf on PS4.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

I found Aleve worked really well for me when I was landscaping and was in pain every morning .

• I don't know what is wrong with my right ankle but it's not something that can be fixed with Aleve or Tylenol. I went to work at 11 today and had to leave before noon it hurt so bad. Went to a walk in and they immediately ordered Xrays and gave me a prescription for pain meds.

I have to go get the Xrays tomorrow. Hopefully it's not anything too bad because I'd hate to have to take off more time due to medical stuff.
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Wow , hopefully not a stress fracture or something. you should try a bath with Epsom alts after work too .