This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• The walk in clinic doctor gave me a prescription for the pain that will last almost half a year so I should be fine while it gets all figured out
  • He might call himself the foot guy for sick twisted reasons.... Go see him!

• OzziOzzi Centurion
    I broke my foot.. technically yesterday. Whilst drinking, and stupidly enough i thought it was fine (just a sprain or a pulled muscle), and drank all night until 7am, woke up at 10:30, put in 10 hrs at work realizing something is wrong, and left early to go to the hospital.. well fuck its broken. Im seeing a surgeon next week.

Did i mention 2 years ago on Friday the 13th i broke my hand..
  • wow that sucks Ozzi.... dude stop drinking on the 13th of the month

• DoosDoos Centurion

That's a lot of drinking, Ozzi.

• OzziOzzi Centurion
    I dont drink, maybe go to the bar twice a year. My best friend was down from Victoria, anyways. We were going to go to Canadas wonderland, but me being superstitous i decided against it. Rightfully so lol
    EchoGolfSierra
  • @Ozzi Dude, sorry to read this man. Maybe hold off on drinking on the 13th as others have suggested, since it was a hand, now a foot... don't wanna guess what the third time would be.

• OzziOzzi Centurion
    Just finished my second round of interviewing for a new job.

I still have the restaurant, but i am outsourcing my position so the place will run whilst im not there.

I havent had any time for my family which is rough. Im working 7am till 11pm most days.

This new emoloyer will let me to work from home, (remote) and its 9-5. Monday to Friday, so i can hopefully gwt a work life balance back for the fam jam..
    Ill find out in a few days!
    EchoGolfSierraMSQGannerJuxtaposeSmoreninja
  • Today I managed to get some managers in trouble. District manager was in today on his routine tour.
    Thing is the managers got into trouble for not following company policies. My supervisor said I could be let go. They can't unless they make up a fictitious reason.

• @wikkiwild1 said:
    Today I managed to get some managers in trouble. District manager was in today on his routine tour.
    Thing is the managers got into trouble for not following company policies. My supervisor said I could be let go. They can't unless they make up a fictitious reason.

I hope they don't man. I've seen it happen several times at my company. If they want you gone, it might take time but they can oft find a way. Fingers cross that doesn't happen to you.

• Only my supervisor is not talking to me. All the others act like nothing happened. So I guess they didn't get that much in trouble or, are waiting to pounce.
    Either way things have changed and all appears to be normalish.

Juxtapose
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    Went for a follow up on my broken foot.. well that fucker is still broken.

It's being pesky. I can walk fine..but doctor said it isn't ready to come out of the aircast.

I have to get another xray In 6 weeks to see how it is..
  • Do it! I have a close friend that is scheduled to have at least 1 toe and a few bones removed from his right foot this week because he never resolved his break.

"he could walk on it, and hated the aircast" a few years later those still broken bones get infected and look out.

My buddy will be lucky not to lose his foot.

• OzziOzzi Centurion
    @EchoGolfSierra scary shit man.

Yeah it's been quite painful the last few days. I went and cut down a Christmas tree, and of course the only one we could find was at the back of the damn farm.

And I still have a ton of work I need to do outside so if anyone wants to do it for me lol! I was out there today chipping away. Slowly..

Got my leaves cleaned up
    Put my cover on my a.c..
    My neighbour built me a few new gates at his shop, and I helped him install them.
    Lastly I got my front garden cleaned up.

Yard work.. I tell yah it's never ending.
  • EchoGolfSierraEchoGolfSierra Centurion
    edited December 2017

agreed....be safe my friend!

• OzziOzzi Centurion

I got into University! I was extremely surprised to see the offer! I was never the type to apply myself academically. I am beyond excited!

SmoreninjaJuxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Awesome! good stuff. What are you taking? how long is the program?

quality chicks all over the place.

• OzziOzzi Centurion

@Law212 I'm going for a Combined BA Honours in Criminology, and Policing. It's Part time online, So if i work at it i will be done in about 5 years.

Just will open up some more doors for me.

I could get into anything from Policing, to Corrections, to youth and child, or social work, amongst other careers after the degree. In both private, and public sector.

SmoreninjaJuxtaposeDoos
  • I went 8 weeks to the day without getting sick (Outside of indigestion. I'm talking digestive sick for me specifically), which might be a record. Roughly two months is the best I've done in recent years.

Sadly I decided to try having eggs for breakfast. Apparently eggs and me no longer mix, so now I'm sick.

But I'll bounce back.

• DoosDoos Centurion

Yay for the record, boo for the eggs. The whole situation sounds pretty fucking bothersome, Jux.

• @Doos said:
    Yay for the record, boo for the eggs. The whole situation sounds pretty fucking bothersome, Jux.

Aye, most stuff regarding my health is. I'll get back there though, already recovering.

Doos
  • OzziOzzi Centurion

Fuck, Life is busy.

I got the restaurant running itself, so i decided to give some other stuff a go.

I go back to school in May(as i mentioned before). I also started a new job for a largely expanding Canadian tech company. Which is a nice change up. They allow me to work from home. So i have some wicked family time.

EchoGolfSierraJuxtapose
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

On Friday I was going to my routine treatment, which takes place at a clinic. The clinic is in an office building, so there's medical people, office people, etc.

So I'm standing in the elevator headed up and some random guy comes in. I've never seen this guy before and likely never will again. He takes one look at me and says that I "look like a professional hitman."

• See Jux, we tried to warn you about that barcode art on the back of your dome

Juxtapose
  • Today I learned not to complain about hair/head pain caused by super tight hair ties in a room full of females
    Juxtapose
  • DoosDoos Centurion

How'd that play out, Tim?

• I've been trying to find a way to find people who like the things I do so I have somebody to talk to about them. I don't really know anyone who is into games, anime or TV/movies as much as I am and the ones that are aren't really into the same ones as I am. I keep finding myself finishing something and being like "wow that was crazy/cool/awesome. I need to let people know about this" then remember I don't have anyone to talk to about it. It sucks.

I think for now I might start a blog just to write about the stuff I like. Even if nobody reads it at least I'm getting my thoughts out there.

• DoosDoos Centurion

Writing is using a muscle, Tim. You start working that thing out and it can take you places. Do it.

Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    edited January 18

Going to San Francisco California next month. Probably a couple days but its still cool