This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion

been going to the gym in the mornings before work. I', up to 180 in weights plus 20 to 40 pound bar (im not sure exactly how much it weighs) but thats at least 200 pounds on the bench press which is more than ive ever done so far.

This picture is right before i decided to try going for another 45 . I had to get a guy to spot me as i havent done that weight before , but it wasnt bad. 4 reps before my arms gave out but I did do 3 prior to that one.

• Law212Law212 Centurion
    edited January 23
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Flight and hotel arrangements booked for February 9th to San diego. Short trip. I get there friday evening and leave sunday around noon.

• wow that is a lot of jet lag for 36 hrs... stay safe

• OzziOzzi Centurion

Last week has been busy AF. After being engaged for over two years the Mrs. is now officially the Mrs. We got married last weekend :smiley:

SmoreninjaEchoGolfSierraJuxtaposeDoos
  • Congrats on the wedding. Hope it was a lot of fun.
  • @Ozzi said:
    Last week has been busy AF. After being engaged for over two years the Mrs. is now officially the Mrs. We got married last weekend :smiley:

Congrats Sir

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@Law212 Work trip?

@Ozzi Huge congrats man! You do a big ceremony or kept it smaller and low key?

January has been a really challenging month for me. You guys might recall I picked up food poisoning at the beginning of the month. It took about three weeks to get out of my system! I'm only really broadening the diet more now again, and have eaten mostly sandwiches and crackers all month. I've lost five pounds (which I don't have to loose) and my energy level is poor.

Work has also been nuts. We're closing a floor, and I've had to relocate our phone system and then move several departments and productions. I haven't had a proper weekend in three weeks, and I've worked an 18.5 hour day, a few 15 and 10 hour days, Friday nights, Saturdays, etc. Next weekend will be my first proper weekend in 26 days, and doing all this while I was the sickest I've been in over a year...

So why is what seems like a complaint in the Life Accomplishment thread? Well, because I did it, I pulled it all off, which is quite the accomplishment. I've also earned about an extra week's paid vacation through all the overtime put in (my company gives time in lieu of as opposed to overtime pay, which is alright).

On a personal note, my grandfather has also been in and out of the hospital, which has sucked, and he's not cooperating so much with my dad and his doctor's and thus not helping himself. Sounds like he's finally starting to wise up though.

So overall, I'll be happy when January is over and hopefully February will be a better month as I get my health back on track, work normalizes, and hopefully my grandfather improves.

• Good job pulling through on that Juxt. Hopefully your Grandpa accepts the help he needs.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion

Thanks all!! @Juxtapose It wasn't a huge ceremony. Originally it was going to be just parents, and grandparents. But it grew to cousins, aunts/uncles, etc. All and all we had about 45 people attend.

Juxtapose
  • DoosDoos Centurion

@Ozzi 45 is tons! Congrats! Welcome to the grind. ;)

@Jux Kicking ass as usual.

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    edited January 31
    I met a really cool person who I really like to be around
  • DoosDoos Centurion

^Like to be around in a cuddley way?

• If you looked at this person then looked at me you'd see why the cuddly way could/would never happen haha

I've just never met someone who is so easy to talk to before. I have left more conversations with her feeling normal in the past week than I have, like, ever. Just a great person to be around, ya know?

EchoGolfSierraJuxtapose

@TimothyWedel said:
    If you looked at this person then looked at me you'd see why the cuddly way could/would never happen haha

I've just never met someone who is so easy to talk to before. I have left more conversations with her feeling normal in the past week than I have, like, ever. Just a great person to be around, ya know?

A person like that always does wonders for your confidence too.

• Exactly. My confidence is way higher than it's ever been right now. Feels pretty good.
    Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

The way to gain confidence, it to work towards goals to improve yourself and start ticking off accomplishments.

Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Hell yes! Good job.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I got back from San Diego California last night. It was a short trip, but wow it was amazing there. 19 degrees and sunny most of the time. Right by the ocean . Driving on their 5 lane highway was crazy.

I loved it there. Also drove past High Moon studios on the way to my hotel. which is just outside of san diego , in Carlsbad . So that was kind of cool.

The people were great. I never ran into anyone I didn't like right away. My work contact was great, and took me out to lunch and we talked work, and about things in general. The people I was there to train were really nice and I was able to hang out and talk to them afterwards as well.

I didn't take many pictures, just a few because I don't have many chances to as I was driving or just in the middle of something but ill post what I took later on.

TimothyWedelJuxtapose
  • DoosDoos Centurion

Y'ever try weed there, Tim? With it's imminent legalization and the fine tuning of strains that's going to come with it, you'll be able to increase appetite, decrease pain and anxiety with a dose that hopefully loses the 'ooh drugs' stigma shortly after legalization.

• OzziOzzi Centurion

@Doos check yo messages dude.

On another note, With the legalization it's going to help people a ton who suffer from different medical issues. I'm interested to see how the pharmaceutical industry will react. Certain strains are great for mental health, all in moderation mind you, like any other drugs that could be prescribed.

Has anyone quit smoking (cigarettes) before? Looking to see if anyone has suggestions? I'm thinking about trying the nicorette, or vaping to ween myself down. I've gone down to about 1/3 pack a day, most days i can survive off of 2-3 cigarettes a day. I tried cold turkey a few weeks back, and i got sicker than all bloody hell. And ended up buying another pack.

• DoosDoos Centurion

Well as far as quitting nicotine I'm a big fat zero BUT as far as saving myself about $400 a month and switching to a 'better' nicotine delivery method vaping has been awesome for me.

Here's some upsides:

Cheaper. Significantly, for me.

I no longer wake up wheezing after a night of drinking. Being a smoker and going on a bender was like 2 packs in an evening and you'd wake up feeling like dog shit.

I discovered that about 90% of the discomfort of my hangovers came from the cigarettes. Vaping has like.. maybe a tickly dry throat in the morning.

You stink less. This is dependent on the flavor and your setup but I produce very little flavor and the shit I vape is cherry cola so it doesn't have a real potent smell. Real subtle. I can smell a smoker from a parking lot away.. a vaper, unless they're one of those douche canoes who are like an old steam engine just blasting the shit all over the place, you can't even tell.

I could go on some more but I seriously recommend you just go to whatever vape shop is close to you and tell 'em you're looking to get into it.. they've dealt with a million of you.. they'll hook you up.

Streaker1978
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Just remember, if you start vaping youre going to need a man bun and start wearing carpi pants.

Juxtapose
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    edited February 13

heh.. yeah, the culture is ridiculous. Motherfuckers pushing clouds of shit thinking they're gandalf.. although I will admit.. being able to push a cloud around is pretty cool, that's not what I'm into or recommending.

Also it too will probably give you cancer. You're inhaling vapors of flavors of shit.. those flavors are made of things.. it's not gonna kill you in one shot (unless the battery explodes in your face) but it might still kill you.

Do your due diligence. I looked and saw that it looked decently safe. Things may have changed.

• @law212 I'd kill for even a single day there. Even if I had to work all day. Anything to get away from 5 feet of snow and -30 weather for a day.
  • @Doos I haven't but if it becomes legal and my doctor says it's a good idea I'd have no problem giving it a shot. Killing the weight problem, anxiety and pain from my ankle issues in one go would be a dream.
  • DoosDoos Centurion

You've been to the doctor for your ankle? I ask because I rolled mine some few weeks ago and thought nothing of it.. y'know.. it hurt a bit at the time but I've walked off worse.. but now it's still there.. nagging me and I need to go in but I haven't.

'Cause I'm dumb. Are you as dumb as me?