This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Buy Recently?

Comments

• Law212Law212 Centurion
    edited January 20

Picked this up after work. Paid $120. brand new.

DoosTimothyWedelEchoGolfSierra
  • Enjoy Law.... I really love mine! Now considering turning my NES mini into "an everything console" and loading up 1000 games :)

• OzziOzzi Centurion

Work is paying for majority of the cost of it for me, once spring comes it's going into my "Man Cave" AKA my Shed. I'm rebuilding my shed, going full insulation, power, and heating it. I'll probably get a bike for the shed, and some free weights. Going to be easier to get some workouts in with the kiddo.

EchoGolfSierra
  • Bought an I5 6600 quad core cpu yesterday because my I7 smoked on sunday during an intense session of Skyrim ( ya I was like wtf???) Luckily The I7 will be replaced free I just pay shipping....but we have to send them the old chip...they test it and then send me a new one.
    I was told that typically takes around 3 weeks.... so I bought the I5 just so I can keep having a PC. So far not noticing a huge difference in performance

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

I bought a Switch. Got the Splatoon 2 bundle and Arms, picked up Breath of the Wild the other day, and have Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart on their way in the mail. I think this is the first time in a while I've felt like a Nintendo console is actually trying to keep up with modern tech, it uses a capacitive touch screen instead of the pressure sensitive crap they use on the DS/3DS/WiiU, and the overally build quality doesn't feel as cheap as I'm used to from Nintendo. I want to say I can't understand why they didn't pack the Joy-Con charging grip in with the console, but they gotta make sure they have a way to sell you more crap, so why give you something you can use to charge your Joy-Cons with as you can play when they can give you one that doesn't and charge $30 for one that does. At least the Joy-Cons on the grip are more comfortable and usable than I thought they would be, can save me from dropping a whopping $90 on a pro controller for the time being.

Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Hey Sintacs, I saw your message over steam but you went offline before I could reply.
    HOw much are the systems going for ? I want to get one at some point because I love Nintendo consoles. The Wii U didn't let me down .

• Straight up love my Switch... it got me to play Skyrim for the 5th time.
    I do love the feel of my pro controller.... it doesnt feel cheap and it performs wonderfully.

If I am docked I only play with that... my joycons have never been off their screen.

Juxtapose
  • @EchoGolfSierra said:
    Straight up love my Switch... it got me to play Skyrim for the 5th time.
    I do love the feel of my pro controller.... it doesnt feel cheap and it performs wonderfully.

If I am docked I only play with that... my joycons have never been off their screen.

I didn't realize The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was on the Nintendo Switch. How is it? Did they have to make and major concessions for the port that you noticed?

• Law212Law212 Centurion

@Juxtapose said:

@EchoGolfSierra said:
    Straight up love my Switch... it got me to play Skyrim for the 5th time.

I didn't realize The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was on the Nintendo Switch. How is it? Did they have to make and major concessions for the port that you noticed?

I haven't played it, but the game is fairly old now, so I don't think the switch would have any issue running it. IT does run DOOM so I'm sure skyrim is no issue.

Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion
    edited February 17

I bought this for my retron 5. It adds the ability to play Game Gear games, Genesis master system carts and master system cards ...

Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Also this came in the mail.....

I'm waiting for battle of the five armies extended edition 3D steelbook to come in , then I will binge the trilogy

Juxtapose
  • As law said.... it is a 6 year old game and runs very very smoothly. There is a little issue reading some text. But that could just as well be me being old as fuck

Juxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

Here is a pic of the mouse I picked up. IT feels much better in my hand. It also comes with weights to make it weigh more. I don't know if I like it better light or heavy......

• I have the identical mouse.....love it!
    If you download Gforce experience .... there are premade templates for many many games

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I didn't know that, that's awesome. I knew it had pre set configs, but through the mouse software itself.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion

@Law212 said:
    Hey Sintacs, I saw your message over steam but you went offline before I could reply.
    HOw much are the systems going for ? I want to get one at some point because I love Nintendo consoles. The Wii U didn't let me down .

I didn't get any deal on it, it was just a bad decision that came with a credit limit increase. I like that its a home console and a portable, but at the same time, it's pretty big for a portable, and I find I use it less on the go than I do my Vita for 3DS just because its so much more to carry and take out/put away. I've brought it to college a few times to play on breaks though. Definitely less regret with it than I had with the Wii U so far, and also less extra crap to buy for it, though I'm sure they'll announce a revised console with better battery life soon since I finally bought one.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Picked these two games up at value village for $1.99 each . I was hoping to find the Call of Duty Expansion, and the Lord of the rings game I have on Xbox and beat it years ago, but its great so I thought maybe ill play it again on PC.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Also bought some 3D movies today. I got Justice league significantly cheaper than my order from Amazon, so I cancelled my amazon order.

Cant wait to watch this one.

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion

Nice! I still haven't gotten to see Justice League yet. I have to pick it up at some point.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I just finished watching it..... Awesome. What are people talking about? So much hate for this movie? It was awesome. More fun than Thor IMO. Thor dragged on, while I didn't want this movie to end.

Sintacs
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@Law212 I had the PC version of The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, and it was great.

Justice League was also a lot of fun.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Update on United Assault. It was missing installation disc 1.... Fortunately I was able to download a copy and because the cd case has the cd Key , I can use and install it no problem.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

You bought something?

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@Law212 said:
    You bought something?

Try not to faint.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I hear that his credit card company was so shocked they thought someone stole his card so they called him to make sure it was him making the purchase.