This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• DoosDoos Centurion

I haven't used a case in years. Previously with Samsung phones they had a removable back and if i dropped it the back would fly off and the battery would skitter across the floor and that was that.

Currently I have an SGS7 and it doesn't have the removable back casing so the last time I dropped it the back glass cracked. No biggie but it's the first time I've ever had a cracked phone and I've been smartphoning since the first Iphone was available in Canada.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm lucky and I don't care for cases.

What's the point in having the slimmest tech if you're just gonna bulk it up. I'll take my chances.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I agree with that, the only reason I can think of that I had that bulky case was that I was just so used to it from when I had it for work, that I forgot i could remove it and have a nice slim phone.

• I got s new Galaxy S8+ a couple of months ago and was like, wow, this is so sleek and light without a case on it. I have dropped it approximately 25 times and accidentally thrown it across the room at my boss once so I definitely need to get a case for it soon.

I just started a 5 day long weekend. I'm not sure if this means I did something very right and was rewarded with a 5 day weekend or I did something very wrong and am being punished with a 5 day weekend.
  • And not even 2 days later I drop it on the cement getting out of a car and crack the screen. I jinxed it.
  • DoosDoos Centurion

Just like Law predicted!

Smoreninja
  • DoosDoos Centurion
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

If you guys are done blaming me... sheesh!

Well most of this week at work we were setting up for and attending a Dental convention at the metro convention center.

2 days were spent setting up out section, then Thursday and Friday were spent attending and showing people out products and trying to make sales.

The first day was pretty slow. There weren't a lot of people the first day. The second day though was packed and I was answering tons of questions about our hand pieces and our sterilizers , which were the main things we had, we even paid a lot to have a huge banner right above the escalators to the hall.

People would come to our booth asking about them .
    I didn't keep track but I was responsible for at least $20,000 in sales for Friday.

My boss would hang out near by and listen when I was talking to customers. He started to come around and tell me I'm doing well answering the questions and talking about the products. he was impressed which was good.

He told me to go with him on the way back to scarborough , so i got to ride in his porshe and we talked about a lot , including the future of the company, also again about going to china, but also about going out for drinks , and going to the gun range and so on.

I think I left a really good impression at the show

Ill post some pictures I took later. There was a BMW i8 at the show and i got in for some pictures... Getting out was hard! Even thin people were having to roll out of the car sideways . It was ridiculous.

JuxtaposeDoos
  • JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

Today I'm wrapping up a two week staycation, which was a great break.

The ice storm of course was just nuts and messed up some of my plans, but what do you do.

A few highlights:

• For raising over $1000.00 in last years Gutsy Walk, Crohn's and Colitis Canada invited me and other top pledge earners to a nice brunch at the Old Mill. I brought my friend Eva and we enjoyed lots of home fries, chicken bacon, toast, and she had eggs (which I can't eat right now).
    • I fully detailed my car, inside and out, and she's looking gorgeous. Over 14 years old and she looks about 4 (yes @Law212, it still looks like no one's touched her). I also had a tune up and other maintenance done on her. She gets rust proofed this coming weekend, and then she's all summer ready!
    • With the ice storm giving me a good bit more time, I sat down and started making my first ever StarCraft Custom Campaign. I'm breaking it up into three Mission Packs, and yesterday I completed designing Mission Pack 1! I'm quite proud of it, and just need to do some more testing myself before I role it out to my play testers. @EchoGolfSierra -

It's also fantastic that my health has been strong this entire vacation. I put a few pounds on, I've eaten well, and I'm feeling really good.

I have another vacation, a week off, before Canada Day, and I'm hoping it comes quick!

Law212Doos
  • OzziOzzi Centurion

My week has been shit, The back half of my house flooded, and then a maple tree fell on my truck while the insurance adjuster was there assessing the damage. That storm on Friday was a shit show.

On the plus side, I've now started my degree as of today. Part time online, only going to take 4-6 years.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Heres another update no one asked for.

Its been a very busy time lately. In all aspects.

So first here are some pictures of the dental convention I was at a couple weeks ago. This was fun but also very tiring.

I work for Beyes a sister company to Atop. We were there representing Atop , but we were also selling Beyes products.

So here is Niko, The Atop technician.

Hes awesome. Hes a Greek guy and a good worker and teacher. He and Jack have been showing me lots about dental chairs lately.

More on that later.

Here is the BMW i8.

Heres me being me.

Here are some random pics from the event.

imageimage

Here is my old office. I was packing things up so its a mess

And this is my new office

Here are a couple chairs me and Niko installed today at an office.

Here is a torn down old dental chair that I took apart after some training from Jack.

Lastly but not least, me and Inna have been spending a lot of time together and last weekend was no exception. We went to the park for a bit on Saturday and while it looks cloudy and not so nice, it was actually great weather.

So yeah, its been busy, its been fun, and life is good.

DoosTimothyWedel

@Ozzi Dude, that's awful. I had no power for a day and all the food in my fridge spoiled, but that was the worst of it for me. Did the insurance guy start a claim with your truck since he was right there?

@Law212 Glad things are going well man. What park is that that you guys are at?

• Law212Law212 Centurion
    It was at lynde park

@Law212 said:
    It was at lynde park

I have no idea where that is.

• DoosDoos Centurion

@Law You didn't cover up your girls face this time. So I'm going full on stalker mode, my man.

@Ozzi Fuck! How bad is the truck?

That wind storm was a bit mental. We were super lucky. None of the big old shit trees around our house went down.

I had two shingles blow off but they stayed on the roof and didn't rip, just blew through the nails. Just tacked 'em back on and caulked 'em and bickety bam, roof done.

Fucking lucky though. Once a couple go you can lose the whole damn roof if the wind catches it the right way.

• Law212Law212 Centurion
  • TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    I got a scratch at work on what might have been rusty metal so I went to go get a tetanus shot I've been due for for a while.

They filled out a worker's comp form or something while I was there since it happened at work. Work doesnt even know i scratched myself. That'll be a fun conversation with my bosses.
  • I won an Apple TV for just liking a facebook page. Well I now need to get all the cables to hook it up to the TV. And a HDMI switch.

JuxtaposeLaw212

To go along with the mostly positive life updates recently

Today was fantastic. Instead of work feeling like the place I have to go to and remember how bad I am at everything to do with socializing lately it has started to feel like the place I get to go to and chill with buddies (both coworkers and customers) and make some cash doing it. There are still people I am trying to build work relationships/friendships with but for the most part I feel like I can easily chum it up with my coworkers.

Feels good man.

JuxtaposeDoosLaw212

@TimothyWedel said:
    To go along with the mostly positive life updates recently

Today was fantastic. Instead of work feeling like the place I have to go to and remember how bad I am at everything to do with socializing lately it has started to feel like the place I get to go to and chill with buddies (both coworkers and customers) and make some cash doing it. There are still people I am trying to build work relationships/friendships with but for the most part I feel like I can easily chum it up with my coworkers.

Feels good man.

That's fantastic @TimothyWedel . Life really is all about perspective and how we choose (yes choose) to see things, because there's pros and cons to everything. For work, it can be that place you drag yourself to to make cash, or it can be a place you go to socialize while doing tasks to make money.

Option number 2 is the better and healthier outlook!

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Glad to hear it Tim. Juxt is right. A lot has to do with how you see things.

Today I took my mom out for mothers day lunch at Cora's. It was really good food and luckily when we got there the lineup was pretty small. After we got in, the linue up got huge.

I also purchased a car yesterday. The escalade fell through as the dealer found a bunch of issues with it when safetying the car. So he refunded my money and i saw a nice Mitsubishi SUV recently and went to look at it (from the Mitsubishi dealership) and I liked it a lot.

THe issue with the bigger car was gas keeps going up so I'm thankful that the deal fell through.

This one is much better on gas and looks good and has room to take a bunch of stuff for road trips, which I'm going on one in two weeks.

Its a Mitsubishi RVR

I think it was a better choice financially as its better on gas and it has a 10 year warranty and only 33,000 KM on it. its a 2015. This picture isn't of the one i bought but looks the same

DoosJuxtapose

@Law212 Awesome man, congrats on the SUV!

@Law212 said:

Someone tried to draw Kratos and accidentally drew angry @Law212 with the beard of a god

• DoosDoos Centurion

Ha. Law is kind of a Kratos looking motherfucker. I bet that puffs your chest out a bit.

I look more like Atreus.

RumGeoff
    edited May 20
    I got that skinny, pale Jeremy Davis character look going on. I still haven't played much of that game but I really liked what I saw of that character.

He was so Jeremy Davis that that whole fight all I could think about was Lost and Justified.

@Law212 Oh my God! Halloween costume idea for you!

For me, I look like one of my regular electrical contractors. And my old Xbox 360 Avatar.

On Friday I had a dental appointment to redo two fillings and to pull a wisdom tooth that had developed a cavity.

Well I'm not keen on pulling something out of my body unless it needs to be (still have all my wisdom teeth), so I convinced the dentist to try and fill it first, and that worked!

So instead of recovering over the long weekend, I've been able to enjoy and fire up the BBQ.

It's been a good long weekend so far.

I weighed myself today and found myself at 131 lbs, which is the most I've weighed in over a year. This is fantastic for me, as it's so difficult for me to put weight on.

Hopefully I keep gaining over time, as I'd love to get closer to 140.

@juxtapose I'm the same way. I've been ~140 lbs give or take 5 for over a decade. Even through a growth spurt in high school where I grew like half a foot taller.

I have tried eating worse, eating healthier and steady exercise but my weight never changes. I think I'd have to go pretty hardcore with the exercise and actually try to gain muscle to get my weight to change at all.

I have a buddy who can eat a big mac and gain a couple of pounds. I ate four big macs in two days a couple months ago and lost a pound lol

@TimothyWedel said:
    @juxtapose I'm the same way. I've been ~140 lbs give or take 5 for over a decade. Even through a growth spurt in high school where I grew like half a foot taller.

I have tried eating worse, eating healthier and steady exercise but my weight never changes. I think I'd have to go pretty hardcore with the exercise and actually try to gain muscle to get my weight to change at all.

I have a buddy who can eat a big mac and gain a couple of pounds. I ate four big macs in two days a couple months ago and lost a pound lol

You must have a high metabolism then, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Sadly for me, while metabolism might play a role (and it did when I was younger), now it's due to my Crohn's.

Even in remission, my system is still sensitive and my body doesn't absorb nutrition very well, thus the challenge.

My doc figures the absolute best I'll be able to do is around 135-ish, give or take. In time, we'll see.