This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Comments

• SmoreninjaSmoreninja Centurion
    Rocking the Mario and Rabbids game. Those little fuckers are so angry with eachother its great.
  • DoosDoos Centurion

I finished up the main story in God of War 4. It was mostly good with some great scattered throughout. Very solid game. I'm looking forward to the next one.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Is God of war 4 the new one? I get confused because after god of war 3 was ascension. Was that 4?

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    I'm pretty sure he means the new one which is technically 5 (7 if you count the PSP games).

I still haven't played too much of it. I'm not feeling it as much as I'd hoped but am still excited to try back into it when I get some time off.
  • DoosDoos Centurion
    edited May 4

Yeah, the new one. I too felt the same, Tim, in the beginning. All the hype surrounding it (and I avoided as much of it as I could) had me thinking 'Huh, this is what everyone was throwing 10's around for?' but I just kept going and when I got some real time to sink into it I really started enjoying myself.

I'm a sucker for the whole 'adult + kid go on adventure' stories though so I'm an easy mark in that regard.

Edit: I didn't even realize it wasn't actually called God of War 4. I thought it had a 4 right in the title. Guess I wasn't paying attention.

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

Technically, it's God of War (2018), and it's the eighth game in the franchise, excluding the recent Facebook game but including the old mobile phone game.

• Playing Mass Effect Andromeda for a 2nd time. I never really noticed the bugs the first time. I do now, lol.
    Play through is going much quicker this time as I know where most things are and how to get them. I did make a few different choices this time.
    Even though there is no DLC for the game, I was hoping for patch work to come. But Bioware has dropped support for the game.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

If anyone is interested the game is now 14.99 at best buy.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

There is nothing quite like playing Halo: Combat Evolved on the original Xbox with the Duke controller.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Tried out some games with the new 1080 Ti.
    It was pretty awesome. First I tried out Agents of Mayhem. Turned everything up to full and set it to 4K . It was like playing a brand new game. I didn't think it would make the game look much different but it really did.

I tried Batman Arkham KNight and that also looked incredible. The rain, the debris flying around, the amount of activity going on in the city was incredible.

GTA 5 was also amazing. again, with population density turned all the way up and draw distance all the way up the city looks like its alive.

I also tried out Injustice 2 , MKX, DOOM and the witcher 3.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Played some Witcher 3. I love the game. I have been a bit further than I am now, but I started over a while ago when I got the Game of the Year version for free from gog.

THe game is pretty immersive, i love how great the characters are.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Played some Need for Speed 2015 and its such a fun game, as are all the others NFS games Ive ever played. I have enjoyed this series since at least NFS 3 . I still have NFS high stakes , and Porsche unleashed on PC. I have nearly every entry in the series .

• Almost done ME: Andromeda. It's been too hot to play. Just the main mission to complete, 1 mission left. And a bunch of tasks. Which I've never completed. Some I just don't seem to be able to for some reason.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

Played some Diablo 3. Working on getting my character to level 70 so i can finish more of the chapter achievements. I dont have much time..........

• Law212Law212 Centurion

What are people playing lately? I want to game with people from here but it seems no one plays anything anymore. I'll be picking up Overwatch today as its on sale for 30 bucks.

Though i mainly ony have time to play on weeknights after 8 PM

@Law212 said:
    Played some Diablo 3. Working on getting my character to level 70 so i can finish more of the chapter achievements. I dont have much time..........

Speed run it all!

@Law212 said:
    What are people playing lately? I want to game with people from here but it seems no one plays anything anymore. I'll be picking up Overwatch today as its on sale for 30 bucks.

Though i mainly ony have time to play on weeknights after 8 PM

I'm mostly playing StarCraft: Remastered and mixing between Mortal Kombat (2011) and Mortal Kombat XL.

League and catching up in my PS4 backlog. I have Overwatch if other people want to play.
  • Mostly been playing God of War on the PS4 and Assassin's Creed Syndicate on the One. My wife surprised me with a copy of GOW last month on launch weekend and it's been an amazing experience that I don't want to end.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I played some DOOM last night. I love the game. THe graphics are incredible. PLaying in 4K at a constant 60 FPS was incredible.

I also played some Battlefield 1 , again in 4K 60 FPS and i loe the game, but not as much as battlefield 4, not to mention im just not very good at this one.

I still need to try to finish season 7 for diablo 3 . I only have a few days left.

@Law212 said:

I still need to try to finish season 7 for diablo 3 . I only have a few days left.

Season 13 ended yesterday man. Season 14 starts on the evening of the 15th.

• SmoreninjaSmoreninja Centurion
    I've been playing on my Switch a lot. If not that I'll play some league. Seriously Hyrule Warriors has taken over my life.

@smoreninja is it that good? I want to get it but Mario Tennis, Octopath Traveller and Captain Toad are right around the corner.

• SintacsSintacs Centurion
    edited June 9

@TimothyWedel Hyrule Warriors is good, but it's just a Warriors game with a Zelda skin slapped on it, so if you've enjoyed Warriors stuff, you'll enjoy HW. With that said, there's a ton of stuff in it, the main story (Legends) mode is just scratching the surface of it, as the Adventure Mode is probably something I'll never finish, there's just too much there. I don't regret buying it twice though (Wii U and Switch), definitely a lot of fun to be had.

Smoreninja
  • Playing Medal of Honor on PC.
    Game seemed easier on Xbox360. But I think my skills have just diminished a lot.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

What do people think of Steam deciding not to ban any kind of content in games ? They are being attacked for the decision, but why? Why are people pro censorship?

I'm glad they made this choice and arent caving to PC culture. If you dont like it no one is forcing you to buy or play or view it.

@Law212 said:
    What do people think of Steam deciding not to ban any kind of content in games ? They are being attacked for the decision, but why? Why are people pro censorship?

I'm glad they made this choice and arent caving to PC culture. If you dont like it no one is forcing you to buy or play or view it.

Didn't even know this was a thing. Link to the announcement?

• Law212Law212 Centurion

well most of the articles about it are about how its a bad decision. I think its a great decision. Ill post a few.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/6/17435324/valve-steam-policy-games

https://steamed.kotaku.com/steams-irresponsible-hands-off-policy-is-proof-that-val-1826654709

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-07-steams-content-policy-is-both-arrogant-and-cowardly

I personally think they are crazy to want responsibility to be on steam as to what people see or play.

I think people need to be responsible for their own choices. Unfortunately we seem to live in a world where no one wants to be accountable or responsible for their choices.

A video with more or less my opinion on this

@Law212 said:
    Unfortunately we seem to live in a world where no one wants to be accountable or responsible for their choices.

^This is 100% true. No one wants to think for themselves either, sadly.