This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

What Did You Accomplish In Life Today?

Comments

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@VanishedNine Welcome back man, congrats on the job, and sorry to read about your mom. Sending good vibes your way, and I hope what treatment is decided upon helps!

• DoosDoos Centurion

@Tim Good moves, man. Good for you. Don't take any shit from landlord.

@Nine

Maaaaan, that sucks. You guys using any medicinal weed for the pain and appetite? I'm sure they have prescribed all manner of pharmaceuticals. Appetite can be the number one destroyer of people on radiation treatment. Your body is trying to eat itself alive and appetite just goes straight out the window.

I feel for you, man.

• SmoreninjaSmoreninja Centurion
    Sorry about your mom, Vanished.
  • OzziOzzi Centurion
    @VanishedNine sorry to hear about your mom. Cancer is rough.. A good friend of mine going through it.
  • Thanks everyone...it is tough, but the doctor's have been great.

@Doos so far, my mom's appetite has been very good...so no weed yet. My mom is 76...not sure if she would go that route to be honest.

• DoosDoos Centurion

Good to hear on the appetite. Malnutrition is a massive factor in recovery during radiation. I watched my Uncle fade to nothing because his immediate family refused to stimulate appetite during his treatment. My Mom was beside herself because a possible solution (marijuana) was right there and they refused to try it because of old, outdated beliefs.

The best part of legalization will be the regulation of dosages and alternate means of delivery. So obviously people with lung issues won't have to smoke or vape it and they'll be able to consistently remove THC so you can just get high doses of CBD.

I hope everything goes well for you and yours. I also hope I'm not coming off as the kooky weed pusher. :neutral:

We accepted your kooky ways long ago.
    Doos
  • @Doos...I will keep it in mind...it is just something my mom may not go for...but it is definitely something I will mention to her doctor

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion

@VanishedNine sorry to hear about your mom. sending all my positivity your way.

so i ended up not moving into the place. I tried really hard to make it work but the landlord was unwilling to do anything to clean the place up or fix any of the problems with it and still wanted almost $400 more in rent than the place was worth each month. It was just in such bad condition. Holes everywhere, water damage on most of the ceiling, walls that needed paint badly and a bad carpenter ant infestation.

the day after me and my coworker went to check it out for the first time i texted him and told him that it was unacceptable how disgustingly dirty and broken it was in there. he texted me back saying dont worry he was going in that day to clean it. about an hour after i get to work i look out the window in the break room and see he is tehre with his family cleaning. they were there for about an hour before texting me and telling me it was clean and to go check it out again. checked it out and it was almost as bad as it was the day before.

i sent him a text telling him it wasnt going to work out but thanks anyway. he texted me back saying no problem and that he had never met anyone in his life as picky as i was. its like...dude...that place violates rental code and is probably a health hazard.

luckily through the whole thing i had coworkers helping me out figuring stuff out and now i have like 10 that are actively helping me look for another place to rent. i guess they like having me around haha. it's nice to have a group of people around who support you like they have the past couple of weeks.

the rental hunt resumes!

RumGeoffDoosJuxtapose
  • Thanks @TimothyWedel

take as much time as possible to find a place you feel comfortable in, and fits a budget for you. It is good that your work friends are helping

• DoosDoos Centurion

Wise beyond your years, Tim. I'm loving it.

I want to spend more of my time learning and being at least a little productive instead of spending it all playing games and watching tv/movies.

I picked up reading again and in the last couple of weeks I have read through a couple of novels. Not as much as I had hoped but still not bad for not having read a book in 7 years.

I also decided that I want to start learning to play piano. I have loved piano and violin music forever and after falling off listening to it for a long time Your Lie in April kind of reignited my love for it a couple of years ago. I have been searching for a good keyboard to buy as a birthday present to myself so I can start learning. They are expensive but I plan on taking it seriously so I'm trying to find something thats not just a starter keyboard I'll outgrow.
    Doos

@TimothyWedel What have you been reading?

@juxtapose just some bad mystery/thriller novels. I haven't found a series I want to jump into yet so I'm just reading whatever I find lying around my place.

@TimothyWedel said:
    @juxtapose just some bad mystery/thriller novels. I haven't found a series I want to jump into yet so I'm just reading whatever I find lying around my place.

There's nothing wrong with reading "bad" books.

You ever get into historical fiction? It's one of my favourite genres.

Yeah I love bad books. You read a bunch of them and when you finally get to a good one it's that much better because of all the bad ones.

I cant say I have ever read any historical fiction. Mostly mystery/thriller/suspense and some fantasy.
    Juxtapose
  • Found out today that I'm getting nominated for Employee of the Month, just about every month. Haven't actually got it yet.

VanishedNineJuxtapose
    Due to interpersonal conflicts this month has been spent scrambling for everyone to find a new place to live.

The past few months have been an up and down of either everything is fine but wondering when the next fight is going to happen or one person is involved with a fight with someone else. In order to keep friendships intact some of us are gonna need to seperate but I'm sure that done bridges are completely burned down.

On the plus side the new place is pretty awesome and has all the things we are looking for, such as a spacious kitchen, larger bedrooms and a great backyard.

@Smoreninja Yeah, being roommates can really strain things. You can be great friends with someone, but living with someone is a completely different level.

i'm fuming. i'm desperately trying to find a place to live and every single person who has an ad up are the most infuriating people on the planet. you all know the story of the first place i tried to get into. after that there was another one that would have been decent but after a week and a half the renter never even responded to a single message i sent.

now there is another one that would be absolutely perfect. it was posted 3 days ago by an actual realtor. not just a person renting their place out. i have sent them 4 messages now following the exact rules they laid out to message them and i haven't heard a single thing back other than they are going to update the ad with more photos. no reponses to any of my messages other than that. this is supposed to be a professional and not even they will respond to my messages even though they need someone for 5 days from now.

imma be literally homeless in a month. SOMEBODY PLEEASE DO YOUR JOB AND LET ME LIVE IN YOUR PLACE. I'M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY. WAY MORE MONEY THAN YOUR PLACE IS WORTH.

• @TimothyWedel sorry dude...that really sucks. What sites are you using for your search?

@TimothyWedel said:
    i'm fuming. i'm desperately trying to find a place to live and every single person who has an ad up are the most infuriating people on the planet. you all know the story of the first place i tried to get into. after that there was another one that would have been decent but after a week and a half the renter never even responded to a single message i sent.

now there is another one that would be absolutely perfect. it was posted 3 days ago by an actual realtor. not just a person renting their place out. i have sent them 4 messages now following the exact rules they laid out to message them and i haven't heard a single thing back other than they are going to update the ad with more photos. no reponses to any of my messages other than that. this is supposed to be a professional and not even they will respond to my messages even though they need someone for 5 days from now.

imma be literally homeless in a month. SOMEBODY PLEEASE DO YOUR JOB AND LET ME LIVE IN YOUR PLACE. I'M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY. WAY MORE MONEY THAN YOUR PLACE IS WORTH.

i might be a little upset

@VanishedNine said:
    @TimothyWedel sorry dude...that really sucks. What sites are you using for your search?

kijiji and craigslist. they are pretty much the only option around here.

• OzziOzzi Centurion
    @TimothyWedel sorry to hear your having such a hard time finding a place. The struggle is real. There are many landlords, that just shouldn't be in the rental business. I would also try realtor.ca you can find rentals on there.

I also wouldn't recommend it, but if you are struggling, see if there are any larger buildings that are owned by a rental company. They can usually help you out as well.

the problem is i live and work in a part of town that has one really small apartment building and thats it. it is always filled and when it isn't they only have 3 bedrooms that are way too expensive. i have been lucky to find 3 places that suit my needs in the past couple of months as usually there are 1 or two a year.

• @TimothyWedel said:

@VanishedNine said:
    @TimothyWedel sorry dude...that really sucks. What sites are you using for your search?

kijiji and craigslist. they are pretty much the only option around here.

ahhh,,,yeah...both can be hit or miss...and if you have crappy people who don't get back to you that sucks as well...i really hope things get better in the next week or so for you

Sorry to hear about this @TimothyWedel .

If finding a place doesn’t work out, are you still able to move with your folks?
    Move is done and now everything hurts.
    Juxtapose
  • I also just finished my move and my everything also hurts