This is a friendly community where all are welcome. We only have a few basic rules. Don't be a jerk. Be excellent to each other.

Random Stuff About Nothing

1282283284285286288»

Comments

• JuxtaposeJuxtapose Centurion

@Doos Jebus man, that's awful. For me, much smaller company of course, but if any back pay is owed, I expect it in a timely fashion (two to three weeks, tops). If no money after that point, I no workie.

And that's never had to happen. Every time I've been owed, they have cleared up in fair time.

• DoosDoos Centurion

Well, we could strike but it would be illegal. Then union bosses have to go to jail and it gets weird.

The membership (not me! I voted no!) voted in this contract and one of the stipulations was our first year raise was To Be Decided. I was against that, others were not. So they had to bring in an Arbitrator. The arbitrator looks at demands on both sides from the company and the union and picks what he decides is fair.

The company pushes for things like that every contract. It will have been 2 years since that contract started negotiations. We have one year left on this current contract and the whole thing starts all over again.

Hopefully more of the membership will vote 'No' this time around when they use loose wording or 'TBD' in regards to any of our demands and we can go on strike.

I think a strike will do us good. But I'm also a little savey saverson so I can afford to go on the picket line for a few weeks while the company squirms. They usually lose about 50 mil a week when we walk and that's not nothing. Shareholders don't like strikes so their stock usually loses value.

Gives us a bit of the power back and with Trudeau in office he says he won't force Back to Work legislation on Unions so we'd be much better off than under Harper, who forced us back to work twice under his regime.

Cocksucker.

Juxtapose
  • DoosDoos Centurion

It's been awhile since I told a tale, here's one I told on reddit in response to the question 'What's the most ridiculous thing you've seen at a party?':

We're sitting on the back deck. It's a warm summer evening. Close friends and friends of friends all sitting in our chairs in a big circle, chatting, drinking, smoking, enjoying ourselves.

There are multiple conversations happening and everyone is having a nice time. No one is hammered, everyone is at that beautiful golden place we all aim for when we're drinking and no one has really gone past it yet.

My friend and owner of the house stands up and announces, apropos of nothing, that he is going to shit into this ashtray. (Picture a normal sized ashtray)

He places the ashtray on the ground in the middle of the group and he drops his pants and squats over it.

Everyone has gone completely silent.

Every eye is transfixed on what is about to happen.

The party is collectively holding it's breath.

In my head I'm asking myself 'What happens after this? What kind of party does this become? What happens when someone breaks the fucking code of public decency so adamantly and without any purpose or reason? Where do we go from here?'

He grunts and groans like he's really trying and then as abruptly as it started he pulls up his pants and says 'I can't do it.' and everyone starts laughing and jeering and 'What the fuck!'ing him.

But for a moment, for that one spectacular moment, we were about to go to a place I've never been before. Where a guy shit in an ashtray at party surrounded by friends, for absolutely no other reason than to do it.

And I wonder where we'd all be now if he had.

Juxtapose

@Doos So no trauma from seeing his junk?

My turtle is quite ill. She started passing undigested food on Thursday and making wretching motions. Saturday she started vomiting small bits of undigested food. Whenever she tried to eat she had issues getting swallowing and she's stopped eating now.

She's also significantly more passive than normal.

I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow. I'm hoping she just ate something that's upset her stomach, but I suspect she may have eaten a stone or something and has blockage in her intestinal tract.

If that's the case, then she'll likely need surgery.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

That sucks man. I hope it doesnt end up being serious

• OzziOzzi Centurion

I hope your turtle gets better, and hopefully she just ate something that is upsetting her stomach.

What type of turtle do you have? My wife, and I used to have a red-footed tortoise.

@Ozzi Thanks man. I have a red eared slider.

Did your tortoise pass or did you set him/her free?

So my turtle has indeed eaten a stone, and it's presently stuck in her stomach. It's 1cm x 1.5cm.

There is a chance she could pass it normally, and that's what I'm hoping for. If not, the other option is surgery. They'd have to remove part of her shell, cut her guts open, remove said stone, and then seal her up. The procedure is expensive, which I'd do, but I asked the vet what the prognosis would be for her recovery from such a procedure and he said "poor." There's a lot of trauma with it, so I don't want to do something that will cause her great pain and will likely kill her.

She ate a little for the first time in a week and a half last night. Not much but it's something. So far it's stayed down too. She's also balancing herself better when in the water and breathing. Those are all good signs, so I'm hoping the stone is slowly moving through her system.

• @Juxtapose hope the stone passes for your turtle buddy

• OzziOzzi Centurion

@Juxtapose said:
    @Ozzi Thanks man. I have a red eared slider.

Did your tortoise pass or did you set him/her free?

Unfortunately 3 years ago, a series of unfortunate events led us to have to rehome her. We've talked about getting another one, but with our daughter, and a dog (Siberian Husky) our time is limited.

@VanishedNine Thanks man, me too.

@Ozzi Yeah, turtles and tortoises are more work than people tend to suspect.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I had a friend who had a turtle back in high school and he couldnt wait until it died. It was non stop work. IT didnt die though his dad now takes care of it as it was in his house and now my friend moved out many years ago

@Law212 said:
    I had a friend who had a turtle back in high school and he couldnt wait until it died. It was non stop work. IT didnt die though his dad now takes care of it as it was in his house and now my friend moved out many years ago

Your friend and I would likely not be good friends :p.

• Law212Law212 Centurion

I came across this video of my first CD Rom drive...

• TimothyWedelTimothyWedel Centurion
    edited October 3

i hit half a million views on youtube. that's kind of cool.

if youtube didnt change the partner program earlier this year and prevent me from earning revenue on my videos, and assuming i made the same amount per view as I did for the 100k-ish that I was able to make revenue on, I calculated that I have missed out on about $480 from my videos. my $$$$ was going up pretty decently towards the end there though so it's likely more than that.

DoosJuxtapose
  • Law212Law212 Centurion

YouTube changed so much and has screwed over so many people while favouring a select few. Its a shame.

• If you told me a week ago that I'd spend last night staying up until 4am watching the League of Legends world finals and chilling online with Wil Whetons son I'd have said that sounds like a pretty fun night

And it was
    JuxtaposeVanishedNineSmoreninja